SSH on a palm?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
ok, i had to buy a new phone recently and finally got one that has an infared port. i know that palms can use a phone as a modem to connect to the internet, i have a palm 3x and was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use a palm to ssh into my computer. Anyone tried this before? nothing too important, just something geeky that could be cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    i have a copy of telnet for my palm that i have used to log-in, but as i am c**p at writing with the stylus it takes me forever to actually enter a command!

look on versiontracker (palm tab)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by ThunderPoit:

<strong>...if it was possible to use a palm to ssh into my computer. Anyone tried this before? ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

YES!! I used it while I was working as SysAdmin for a provider. TGssh was great for small jobs when I was on the road. I loved it. But it's only ssh1 compatible. So your server's ssh has to have version 1 fallback mode enabled.

Get it here: <a href="http://www.ai/~iang/TGssh/"; target="_blank">http://www.ai/~iang/TGssh/</a>;

cheers

zero
  • Reply 3 of 5
    will it work w/ os x?

what version of ssh is on osx?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    zerozero Posts: 39member
    [quote]Originally posted by ThunderPoit:

<strong>will it work w/ os x?

what version of ssh is on osx?</strong><hr></blockquote>

it should work (see terminal output below) as I can force sshd on os x to ssh1 :

[ ~] ssh -V

OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090605f

[ ~] ssh -1 localhost

Last login: Fri Feb 28 02:19:38 2003

Welcome to Darwin!

[ 02-27-2003: Message edited by: zero ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cool, thx for the info

now to be an über-geek-ass and send a kill command to diablo 2 when my room mate is playing