Google executives set to break ground on $82 million private air terminal next month

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I heard Apple considered using jets themselves but had issues getting the aerodynamics to work correctly flowing over the NSA personnel clinging to the wings.

• Reply 22 of 35
    Gensler was not the architect for Denver International Airport. That was Fentress Bradburn. Gensler is currently working on a new hotel at the airport.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Not sure I like the idea of a private airport. Some things should be kept out of private hands.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    private jets good for the environment??? :\
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Not sure I like the idea of a private airport. Some things should be kept out of private hands.

It’s a private airport for THEM. I don’t get your complaint or how it makes any sense at all.

• Reply 26 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Since the data center barges are banned in literally every single port in the world, they’ve decided to build data center zeppelins.

Mark my words. It is going to crash like a lead zeppelin...

• Reply 27 of 35
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    maestro64 wrote: »
    I heard that Google has a fleet of private jets for their business, like any company like this, how does that bring value to share holders. I wonder how many apple owns, we know they rented Steve Private jet, do that own any other their own.

Yeah these 3 are using their own money but you can bet google will house their jet there and those 3 will make money off google renting space.

Google won't technically own that space, It's being leased by Signature Flight Support and FWIW will also be used by some other wealthy corporations in the valley. I've heard there's a couple pretty well-to-do ones around that area. :D
    BTW I found an article last night saying that Google had no aircraft of their own. Between Page, Brin and Schmidt they have at least 8 and all under a separate corporation which isn't unusual.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    rogifan wrote: »
    Hmm...how are private jets good for the environment?

Wanted to thumbs up you, but 'I'm over my limit for rating content. Please try again later.'
  • Reply 29 of 35
    Apple bought a circa $53 million Gulfstream V private jet for Steve Jobs, and I'm pretty sure they got their money's worth out of it :).

True, that looks practically restrained compared to a 737, but don't think this is anything but a minor bump on Google's vast resources. If you consider how vital the founders are for Google's success, I really wouldn't begrudge them their toys even if the company is paying for them.

David
  • Reply 30 of 35
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    TSA searches your body, Google searches everything else.
  • Reply 31 of 35

Considering that a new Gulfstream G650 costs around $65 million, the $82 million dollar Air Terminal is a drop in the proverbial bucket!

• Reply 32 of 35
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    At least good old Google management and their D (o no) EVIL ethics are not elitist ... Oh .. wait a minute ...
  • Reply 33 of 35
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    jungmark wrote: »
    TSA searches your body, Google searches everything else.

After Nest telling Google when you are not at home ... it will be trackable hearing aids, contact lenses next ... just wait, it won't be long before Google can hear and see whatever a wearer can see or hear ...
  • Reply 34 of 35
    At least good old Google management and their D (o no) EVIL ethics are not elitist ... Oh .. wait a minute ...

Wanted to thumbs up you, but 'I'm over my limit for rating content. Please try again later.'
  • Reply 35 of 35
    richl wrote: »
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Haha, I was going to say the same about fascism.