saving an iTunes playlist onto an external HD

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am running into trouble trying to move a playlist on itunes to an external hard drive ( My Book) . I am going to File: Library : Export Playlist and trying to save the play list but it is only allowing me to save it as a plain txt or XTL document! so no music please send suggestions/help my way if you can!

thanks,

georgia

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    If you're trying to make copies of the actual song files to the external hard drive then here's what should work.

Select the playlist in the source pane, those song included in the playlist will be listed in the main pane. Select all the songs using whatever means you normally would. Finally, click and drag the songs out of the iTunes window into whichever folder your would like the files to be copied. That's it!
  • Reply 2 of 3

You can copy playlist from iTunes to iPhone easily by following the steps below:

1) After plugging in your iPhone. Click on the icon in the right hand corner. It will then show you whats "inside your iPhone".

2) On the right hand side again click the small button that says Add to.

3) A new screen will open and show you the entire itunes library. At the top click "playlist".

4) Click and drag/carry the playlist you want on your iPhone and drop it in the column on the right.

5) Then press, done!

• Reply 3 of 3

Follow the steps belows:

1) After plugging in your iPhone. Click on the icon in the right hand corner. It will then show you whats "inside your iPhone".

2) On the right hand side again click the small button that says Add to.

3) A new screen will open and show you the entire itunes library. At the top click "playlist".

4) Click and drag/carry the playlist you want on your iPhone and drop it in the column on the right.

5) Then press, done!

You can get help from this thread via Apple Discussion:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24590143#24590143

If you have problems in using iTunes, try to follow this guide:

How to Transfer Playlist from iTunes to iPhone