Samsung argues Apple injunction bid meant to 'create fear and uncertainty' for carriers, retailers

Comments

• Reply 21 of 80
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    Hey Sammy, that's punishment for being a thief. Oh and hirer better trolls.
  • Reply 22 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ds423ce View Post

This case was just for show and most assuredly will be overturned upon appeal, or via Obama's veto.

As with the previous case, Obama has nothing to do with it. He didn't overturn anything.

Obama did not overturn anything?

from http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/7321bf0a-fc6b-11e2-95fc-00144feabdc0.html

"President Obama has overturned a looming US import ban against some older models of the iPhone and iPad, adding a significant political twist to the legal wars that have been raging between smartphone giants Apple and Samsung. The ban, which had been set to take effect this week, was ordered by the US International Trade Commission in June, after the agency found that Apple had infringed on a key Samsung technology patent."

"“It could be viewed as the US favouring US companies,” said Susan Kohn Ross, a partner at Los Angeles law firm Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, about the political impact of the decision. “Frankly, every other country does it, so why shouldn’t the US?”"

-- Those who can't innovate, litigate --

• Reply 23 of 80
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Correct.
    Your sources are incorrect.

?U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman overturned the ban.
    Here is a link to his letter

http://www.ustr.gov/sites/default/files/08032013 Letter_1.PDF

[quote] It could be viewed as the US favouring US companies,” [/quote]
    but it's not.
  • Reply 24 of 80
    Quote:

It is a forgone conclusion that all US kangaroo courts will do as Apple demands.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ds423ce View Post

And -- who said anything about US courts being in Apple's pocket?

Careful with that shovel, you'll dig a hole so deep, you won't be able to get out.

• Reply 25 of 80
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    ds423ce wrote: »

from http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/7321bf0a-fc6b-11e2-95fc-00144feabdc0.html

"President Obama has overturned a looming US import ban against some older models of the iPhone and iPad, adding a significant political twist to the legal wars that have been raging between smartphone giants Apple and Samsung. The ban, which had been set to take effect this week, was ordered by the US International Trade Commission in June, after the agency found that Apple had infringed on a key Samsung technology patent."

"“It could be viewed as the US favouring US companies,” said Susan Kohn Ross, a partner at Los Angeles law firm Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, about the political impact of the decision. “Frankly, every other country does it, so why shouldn’t the US?”"

I'll do this once before I block you. The ITC isn't a court. Your employer is a thief. Sammy hasn't innovated in years. Your CEO is a crook.
  • Reply 26 of 80
    Quote:

The more AAPL drops, the more Apple loses market-share, the more aggressive Apple will "compete" via lawsuits.

After all, as the saying goes, those who can't innovate, litigate.

Do you have any evidence that shows that somehow Apple's stock price is tied to their market share, as in data showing that when the stock price drops, their market share drops? If not, shut up, get out, and go back to the troll land where you came from. You're just making yourself sound like a huge IDIOT anyways.

• Reply 27 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Uh, isn't this the general idea?

To make you think twice before you again infringe on OPP (Other People's Patent's)...

You not down with OPP?

• Reply 28 of 80
    queuequeue Posts: 28member
    ds423ce should step up, be dignified and support his cause by not using any American products.
  • Reply 29 of 80
    It is amazing how easily trolls are being recognized from just one post!

Let's see how the troll responds to this...

Samsung has been offered a cross-licensing agreement by Apple that contains a no-cloning clause. Instead of standing by its claims it is an innovative company that has not copied Apple, Samsung is arguing against the clause. Why would Samsung have a problem with the clause when it has claimed it does not copy Apple? Hmmm...

And, here is the link to the article... http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/14/01/20/apple_offers_samsung_patent_settlement_deal_tied_to_anti_cloning_provision

This will be fun banter!!!! ????
  • Reply 30 of 80
    "An injunction would create fear and uncertainty for the carriers and retailers with whom Samsung has very important customer relationships"

And lack of an injunction would create license to continue ripping off other people's products and ideas.

"After all, as the saying goes, those who can't innovate, litigate."

In this case, the plaintiff is just wanting the defendant to cease producing and selling cheap mimeographed copies of their products. I think it's fairly obvious that Apple doesn't need to fight court cases to make money off of patent portfolios. They can't even figure out how to spend all the money that gets dropped in front of their doors by fleets of garbage trucks every day.

I'll tell you this, though, I will never buy another Samsung product. And every time someone asks me my opinion on which TV, washing machine, bidet, or whatever that they should buy, I will make sure to tell them not to buy a Samsung.
  • Reply 31 of 80
    Not newsworthy: Samsung files paperwork in court
    Newsworthy: it says some nasty things about Apple
  • Reply 32 of 80
    65c81665c816 Posts: 136member
    Quote:

This case was just for show and most assuredly will be overturned upon appeal, or via Obama's veto.

Obama's veto?!?!  WTF are you smoking?  You know that you won't get paid if you get identified as a troll, right?

• Reply 33 of 80
    Quote:

The more AAPL drops, the more Apple loses market-share, the more aggressive Apple will "compete" via lawsuits.

After all, as the saying goes, those who can't innovate, litigate.

It’s so easy to tell you’re on Samsung’s payroll - what good do you think it does to make these silly posts?  I see you only joined today - at least under this user name.

• Reply 34 of 80

And -- who said anything about US courts being in Apple's pocket?
    This is protectionism, plain and simple -- or, as Obama calls it "The America COMPETES act".

since you are apparently ignorant of US law, the President cannot overturn a court verdict made by any US court. Any court.
  • Reply 35 of 80
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member
    Looks like the troll's mommy told him it was time for bed. Sleep well, worthless troll!!
  • Reply 36 of 80
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Samsung argues Apple injunction bid meant to 'create fear and uncertainty' for carriers, retailers

Apple: Your honor, we object! There’s doubt, too!

• Reply 37 of 80
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    No, the general idea is that Apple must be shielded from competition, especially foreign competition.

But why even have these laughable kangaroo court cases? 

It is a forgone conclusion that all US kangaroo courts will do as Apple demands.

And if a judge has the audacity to rule against the patent trolling fruit company, Obama will quickly come to the rescue. 

All Samsung knows is copying, they copied Motorola, they copied Nokia, they copied Palm, they copied Blackberry, their big mistake was copying Apple, finally a company had the balls to stand up to Samsung's sleazy, thieving ways.
  • Reply 38 of 80
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

(A lot of crying, whining, and bitching about Samsung reaping what they sowed)

I feel your pain, ds423ce.

I mean, Apple only produced the Apple I, the Apple II, the MacIntosh, brought the GUI to the masses, popularised the mouse, created the iMac, the iPod, revolutionised the computer retail experience, the legal online music industry, created one of the world's best customer service experiences, the iPhone, the MacBook Air, the iPad, and the MacPro.

This pales in comparison to all the...stuff...that Samsung is famous for.

Who can argue about the innovation displayed by the Samsung Galaxy S:

Or the mind-blowingly different Galaxy Tab:

That incredible packaging:

Those awesome accessories:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

I mean, white headphones!

Who the hell could have thought of that!:

And let's not forget that amazing software:

Hell, even their advertising takes the human race in a direction never even considered!

The sheer brilliance of using the same actor:

Or photoshopping in your own handsets to existing images:

Their mapping solutions:

Also available on the Mac.

I mean, Samsung's notebooks:

It utterly flabbergasts me how somebody could not fail to see the incredible innovation displayed by Samsung on a REGULAR basis.

It's VERY, VERY, VERY obvious that Apple's legal victories are nothing but obvious racism.

• Reply 39 of 80
    nikiloknikilok Posts: 383member
    Nice one there GTR.
    Just shocked at all the cloning they been upto all these years.
    About time Samy the crook felt the pains of its dishonest work for all this time.

Apparently it's not just the mobile wars they reached the top off with these dirty tricks but every other industry they been in.

Possibly all the other household stuff. It's about time these losers be struck down.

I truly hope they get banned.
    For note: I am among those people that have pledged never to let any product with a samsung logo into my household.
  • Reply 40 of 80

Apple's new logo?