iPod Touch: delete icon?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited February 2014
OOops! I added an extra "Home page" icon for Safari...now I have two, cluttering the screen. I have no idea how to delete one. How?

This, plus, if someone would kindly direct me to a good online user's guide or a good book for purchase that'll train me for such details, I may keep my butt off the board here, and quit cluttering this space with pickayuunee questions! (Makes me feel doltish!)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Push and hold down on any icon on the home screen. Eventually they'll start to jiggle around and you'll get little "X" symbols you can use to delete unwanted icons.

Once you're done, press the home button to lock them all down.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    As for tips, here's a good start:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/fingertips/

You might also want to check out the video tours:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/gettings...ingiphone.html
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fjpoblamfjpoblam Posts: 126member
    Thanks very much for both! I'll bookmark the links!
  • Reply 4 of 7

But is there any way to delete the icons that come with the ipod? Like "newsstand" and "facetime" and others that are not apps that I put on there? Thanks!

• Reply 5 of 7
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by colleenamareena View Post

But is there any way to delete the icons that come with the ipod? Like "newsstand" and "facetime" and others that are not apps that I put on there? Thanks!

On an iMac, this works. Right click on the icon. If 'customize toolbar' pops up, click that, then when the customize window opens, drag the icon off the toolbar.

I'm not familiar with iPod so I don't know if that would work or not.

• Reply 6 of 7
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

On an iMac, this works. Right click on the icon. If 'customize toolbar' pops up, click that, then when the customize window opens, drag the icon off the toolbar.

I'm not familiar with iPod so I don't know if that would work or not.

This is a six year old thread. He’s talking about removing apps from the Springboard, which has always been impossible.

• Reply 7 of 7
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member

I see that it is an old thread, but colleenamareena asked the question 1 day 12 hours ago. I was answering that post.  Wrong answer, of course.