Apple TV 6.1 update makes it easier to hide unwanted channels

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Think he means a WiFi device. But since these are $50 or more, I wouldn't consider them to be expensive.</span>

Okay. Who has an Apple TV but not a router? :lol:

No one. But maybe it was simply a way for him to share his opinion that WiFi routers are expensive? Really wouldn't know...
    Are there really that many houses that jumped on the “wire a home with Cat5” bandwagon?

I have a friend who got 'triple-play'. Yep, Landline phone, Internet and TV, all from one company, all from his 19th century copper line, 21st century-alized with DSL. Well, every time he answers the phone the TV goes jerky, likely due to QoS.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    philboogie wrote: »
    No one. But maybe it was simply a way for him to share his opinion that WiFi routers are expensive? Really wouldn't know...
    I have a friend who got 'triple-play'. Yep, Landline phone, Internet and TV, all from one company, all from his 19th century copper line, 21st century-alized with DSL. Well, every time he answers the phone the TV goes jerky, likely due to QoS.

There's no way he's getting TV over a copper line unless it's coax. DSL is strictly a telephony term.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    There's no way he's getting TV over a copper line unless it's coax. DSL is strictly a telephony term.

Urhm, no. DSL with triple play is being done by all major ISP / telco's over here. We got Internet over our copper phone line back in 1995 I believe and TV was added a few years back. 8Mbps downlink required for it to work. DSL goes upto a theoretical 40Mbps over here (in The Netherlands)
  • Reply 44 of 48
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Urhm, no. DSL with triple play is being done by all major ISP / telco's over here. We got Internet over our copper phone line back in 1995 I believe and TV was added a few years back. 8Mbps downlink required for it to work. DSL goes upto a theoretical 40Mbps over here (in The Netherlands)

Is it a fiber backbone to a certain nearby point?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    davendaven Posts: 721member

I don't know when it happened but now when you play a serialized YouTube video on AppleTV (e.g. Show A Part 1, Show A Part 2), the parts are played in sequence. On my old Apple TV 2 (which is stuck at the last 'jail breakable' version), you had to manually select the next episode. Thanks Apple! 

I'll be the first to admit Apple isn't first with this feature. My Panasonic TV also does it.

Edit: Never mind. I accessed the video set using the 'Playlists' option on my ATV3 and that is where the videos played in sequence. I then tried on my ATV2 and found out that the feature was always there.

• Reply 46 of 48
    gidocgidoc Posts: 3member
    I wish they fixed the HDCP nonsense.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Is it a fiber backbone to a certain nearby point?

They are rolling that out. It's a very small country, they need 28,000 fiber optic switches and no telco wants to invest. So they are doing it slowly, starting with 'rich neighbourhoods'. So the last miles, FTTH, are rolled out by demand.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Ever since the AppleTV 6.1 update I've been having an annoying problem.

I use my old iPhone 3GS as my AppleTV remote. But ever since the update, the remote app quits randomly, for no apparent reason. I have to reopen the app every time.

This never happened before the AppleTV update and nothing has changed on my 3GS.