tonton's (almost) new PowerBook!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I got my PBG4 400 back from Apple Asia today.

New motherboard!

New DVD drive!

New Screen!!!!

No Dead Pixels!!!!!!

Apple told me it would take around a month to get my 'Book back if it needed a new screen (it took only 2 weeks).

My old screen was all scratched up by the keyboard and trackpad border, all scratched on the top and I had a dead pixel from the day I bought it. Feels like Christmas came early this year!

Needless to say my fixed 'Book will get the blown glass tratment this time around. I really know how delicate these things are now (especially the screen finish and the paint job).

All in all, I have to give Apple Asia an A- for service. The minus comes from the fact that screens were backordered in the first place, otherwise, it would have been an A+.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by tonton:

<strong>All in all, I have to give Apple Asia an A- for service.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey tonton, that sounds pretty good. Weren't you gonna go on a vacation after getting back to HK as well? Vacation + (almost) new PowerBook = Bliss. Good thing your TiBook was still under warranty.

I'm certainly glad that my iBook is tough as nails. So far it's held up to abuse impeccably. Of course, I've only had it for six months.

Escher
  • Reply 2 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Sounds great.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    mmmm, Powerbooks... mmmmmmm