Apple wants Beats Music, but likely to keep Beats hardware alive after deal - report

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 168
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    andysol wrote: »
    I was using a conservative 10%. Heck- they spent $44 billion last march when stocks were around 440-460. So that's a 33% jump. If you got 5.3yrs, you doubled the growth rate of beats and you didn't add any money made off 3.2b

Now, the genius of apple is that say the deal is laden with stocks instead of cash- they are getting 3.2b of 600 stock at a price apple only pairs 450 for.

My whole point is people are ignoring that you make money on money. It ain't a wad of cash in a pickle jar.

1) Earning 10% per annum on their cash holdings is NOT conservative.

2) You do know Apple borrow money, right? They have money but they borrow it when it's in their best (read: financial) interests. Why not consider that 1) Apple could borrow the money if that was in their best interests as you did note the deal doesn't look like a bad one, 2) consider that, if this rumour is true, Apple has plans to make that $1.4 billion in revenue into $1.4 billion in profits in a short time, and 3) that Apple and their accountants are spend all day, 5 days a week doing this, and have access to a lot more information and surely considerable expertise we don't have. At this point I have no reason not to trust Apple and Tim Cook to make an intelligent, well thought out decision to move Apple into the future.
  • Reply 162 of 168
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I watch that and can't help but think, "6 gold bars on a tray would be too have for her to lift with such ease." But, yes, and I like the term opulence. I would say Dre already has plenty of opulence and, back on point, he could afford a $50 million house with or without any acquisition. But, hey, let's instead just say Dre is a guy who got lucky and is spending every dime on crap until he ends up in the poorhouse¡

edit: Apparently a standard bar of gold is 400 Troy ounces which is 12.4 Kg or 27.34 lbs which means 6 would be about 160 lbs, not including the tray, which also might be gold but then probably couldn't hold the weight of the bars, and the remote.

I didn't notice the gold bars because there was a hot chick in the way. :lol:

Dre did a lot of behind the scenes stuff for Eminem and Fifty cent. I'd say he got lucky with NWA but after that it took some business smarts.
  • Reply 163 of 168
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I didn't notice the gold bars because there was a hot chick in the way. :lol:

Speaking of hot chicks and what is or isn't real music, have you seen Justin Beiber's new girlfriend?
  • Reply 164 of 168
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Speaking of hot chicks and what is or isn't real music, have you seen Justin Beiber's new girlfriend?

I thought you didn't like young looking women. ;)
  • Reply 165 of 168
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I thought you didn't like young looking women. ;)

I usually don't but DAAAMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
  • Reply 166 of 168
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I thought Cook and the current-day Iovine look more closely related.

I’ve always thought Cook and Dyson look related…

• Reply 167 of 168
    belugabeluga Posts: 83member

Apple VP in the house! enjoy!