JUST SHUT UP: What is Wrong With You People?!?!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The iMac DESERVED an update today, and it DESERVED to be the show-stealer. It does compete with the Pro line to an extent, but I really don't see Apple letting that happen for long.

PowerMacs and Powerbooks (which got passed in everything by the new iMac) will get their day in the sun in Tokyo. Chill out and shut up!

Damn, this happens every time! I'm sick of all your whining! "PowerMacs are too slow." "Apple just screwed themselves." "I'm going to start using a Wintel now."

Do us all a favor and go away. PLEASE!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Despite what we've been saying for weeks, nay years will never sink in:

People are too emotional about these computers

People always get their hopes way too high, despite our repeated warnings that marketing hype is still marketing

People will always set themselves up with self-fulfilling prophesies. "If they don't release 2.4 GHz G5's then I'm buying a Linux box!" well, there you go, when will you commit to that though? How many people here have said exactly that and still they hang around? what's worse many do switch but still post here and place too much faith in a computer maker.

People like to be miserable. So they make sure of it. I've never come across a more self-pitying bunch than rabid Mac users.

People aren't exactly easy going around here anyway. Hey, I'm still trying to warm up to the new iMac design but am I flipping out? just over others' silly posting habits.
  • Reply 1 of 5
    spindlerspindler Posts: 713member
    That's life in America. 25 years ago people thought long and hard before saying a bad word about something or someone. In Japan, where respect is still practiced, people thought is was improper for Steve Jobs to compare the Powerbook to Sony's Viao because their belief is that you talk about what you've done well but to directly compare it to something else as better shows a lack of respect for other people's effort.

You have an entertainment industry monopoly that has poisoned our culture with negativity and most people have gone along for the ride.

It WOULD be really nice if we could simply appreciate a good thing without all this whining.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I really like the new iMac, and I would get one if I hadn't set my mind on a PowerBook.

I admit, I was a little disappointed with the lack of new PowerMacs, but that's just because I want Apple to succeed! (Yes, I'm a fanboy

But I'm sure the PowerMacs will be updated soon!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by spindler:

<strong>In Japan, where respect is still practiced, people thought is was improper for Steve Jobs to compare the Powerbook to Sony's Viao because their belief is that you talk about what you've done well but to directly compare it to something else as better shows a lack of respect for other people's effort.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually Jobs was showing respect for Sony's work. He chose the Vaio for comparison because it held the bar higher than anything else out there. It was a benchmark product.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: roger_ramjet ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    enderender Posts: 353member
    Interesting post, I never really viewed direct competition that way. But, what you say seems to be true (at least the U.S. part). We, as a society, have really become quite calloused to violence and inconsideration for others.

-Ender