Whats up with AAPL?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's falling very fast, much less than before the keynote.

I hate you jobs, make me money.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    It built up before Macworld on pre-keynote hype, and apparently investors don't think the build-up was warranted so it's slipping back down toward 20.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by corvette:

<strong>It's falling very fast, much less than before the keynote.

I hate you jobs, make me money.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its the same every time there is a keynote: the price is going up before and falling right after and no matter what Jobs say or introduce its like that. Buy one month before and sell one day before a keynote. Thats the recipe for AAPL succes.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]It's falling very fast, much less than before the keynote.

I hate you jobs, make me money. <hr></blockquote>

Long term investing is the better way to go. I bought my stock at 13 or so a few years ago. Since then it's gone up and down, but I'm still way ahead. With so many people in the stock market now, however, stocks go up and down much quicker due to people buying up the stock before Macworld and selling off just as fast afterward. People look to make some 'easy' money.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Fran, so did you sell when apple hit 150? cause if not, that sucks, I missed out on that gain, and after a bunch of stagnant buys I now own a whole bunch of aapl stock which I intend to keep for a while, but if only I had been more persistant with my broker(who detered me by insisting aapl was a niche that had no room to grow)I would have easily made a 10-40 thousand dollars off of it, maybe even more...urg!!!! oh well, I'm not with that brokerage house anymore
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Doesn't look way ahead to me...

• Reply 6 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>

Long term investing is the better way to go. I bought my stock at 13 or so a few years ago. Since then it's gone up and down, but I'm still way ahead. With so many people in the stock market now, however, stocks go up and down much quicker due to people buying up the stock before Macworld and selling off just as fast afterward. People look to make some 'easy' money.</strong><hr></blockquote>

While I too didn't sell when AAPL maxed near 60, I bought my shares at 7 so I'm still a happy camper. Long haul is the only way to go!