Beats Music app added to 'Made by Apple' list in iOS App Store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

I am pretty sure there are neutral ideas , though.

Not in this case.

iTunes for windows preceded the iPhone. It was for the iPod.

That’s right. It was FOR the iPod. It existed so that Windows users would BUY the iPod.

There’s absolutely no benefit for Apple to having any software on Android. And at any rate, they should not legitimize the platform under any circumstance.

• Reply 22 of 47
    noivadnoivad Posts: 186member
    Maybe now that Apple owns Beats, they can fix the muddy mid- and high-frequency response and allow people to disable the overblown bass response. (A person can dream, can%u2019t he?)

Every time I ever listen to any Beat audio headphones, they sounded like %u201Cone-note fart machines%u201D as a friend put it. The Bass was blown out, causing mids and highs to be muddy. A pair of decent AKG headphones at half the price of their flagship headphones mopped the floor with them. Polk%u2019s UltraFocus 3K(?2K?) over-the-ear headphones at the same price have clean studio quality response with plenty of Bass response without sacrifice. I realize they are targeted toward bass heavy music, but at the cost of sloppy reproduction, they simply were not worth it.
  • Reply 23 of 47
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Not in this case.

That’s right. It was FOR the iPod. It existed so that Windows users would BUY the iPod.

There’s absolutely no benefit for Apple to having any software on Android. And at any rate, they should not legitimize the platform under any circumstance.

Hey! Can you think of anything else that Apple has bought recently, that is hardware, was bought at the same time as the streaming service under discussion, works with the streaming service under discussion and shares the same brand name?
  • Reply 24 of 47
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    paxman wrote: »
    I really like the name and I don't think the origins of the Beats brand will matter in the least. The streaming service covers the whole gamut of music and the headphones may or may not change. Either way, they are selling just fine. Beats is a very Apple like name in my view. But yeah, terrible they didn't changed the name for you even though you'd never use the service :no:

Does it cover classical music, opera, medieval chants?
  • Reply 25 of 47
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    mstone wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on the numbers. Beats is a relatively new service. I wonder what the breakdown is of Android paying accounts verses iOS paid accounts. We've discussed at times that Android people don't like to pay. Does Beats, or did Beats have a web based service?

Edit looks like they do have a web player.

Well like Tallest Skill said., Apple should not bless androids with their software.
    The app should be exclusive and the web page for Beats should display "Get Beats for iPhone" and continue to list features but not allow them to do anything with the page. They'll get the hint ;)
    cali wrote: »
    You guys are gonna hate me but....
    If Apple released a black Beats iPhone with red Beats logo on the back it would move a crapload of droid users over.
    Pack in Beats earbuds and you'll see 5c numbers.

here's a few cool logos for a Beats iPhone:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Apple+Logo+Beats&view=detail&id=40302BD3FF878331B34B5EC499F02A040BCF1CFE&first=44

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Apple+Logo+Beats&view=detail&id=A2C2E0BC16D80698295044EA77B400AA37A627A3&first=26

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=apple+beats+logo&view=detail&id=4DC520B8800A44187D9F9C1AED8753E3E7C84104&first=10
  • Reply 26 of 47
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Still pisses me off that Jmmy Iovine said Apple only makes headphones to ensure the audio jack works on their hardware. A bit rich coming from someone who makes headphones that a lot of people regard as overpriced crap.
  • Reply 27 of 47
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Still pisses me off that Jmmy Iovine said Apple only makes headphones to ensure the audio jack works on their hardware. A bit rich coming from someone who makes headphones that a lot of people regard as overpriced crap.

That's always bothered me too. When he said, Eddie just sat there with a goofy grin on his face. Not impressed by Iovine's arrogance. He's basically saying Apple doesn't care how good it sounds as it works, but we all know that is BS. 

• Reply 28 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cali View Post

I hate blacks!!!!!! I hate em hate em hate me!!!!!

I hate rap!!! I hate it hate it hat it!!!!!!

oh and;

youtube.com/watch?v=c36YhS9pzkM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wow! What a simple mind!  This post saddens me a little.  I think perhaps I just thought people with such a limited intellect only existed in bad television shows.  I'm not raps biggest fan, but it's all a matter of tastes; I do find that, with passing years, I'm less categorical with which types of music I like or don't like.  People, however, are individuals, each with their own merits and faults.  I feel sorry for someone so limited in cognitive ability that he is blinded by skin color and cannot see a person for who they are, or what they do.  Perhaps this is some sort of joke, done in extremely poor taste... a class clown that is popular precisely because of their stupidity, but finds that it doesn't serve them so well when they have to move out of their parent's house and support a family.  Hopefully, you can sort out your life before you come to the realization that it isn't worth living, and a tragic end can be avoided.  Good luck to you!

• Reply 29 of 47
    dagazdagaz Posts: 19member
    From the Beats music website (http://www.beatsmusic.com):

"Available on iOS, Android, Windows and Web"

It's available on Android and Windows but not on the Mac?

Also, not available here in Australia so I guess I'm sticking with Deezer for the foreseeable future.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    Wow! What a simple mind!  This post saddens me a little.....

I'm just mad because stupid BEATS!!!!!!111ichi

dr Dre crap music!!!!!!!

apple stupid!!!!!!!!!!

google better by buying REAL company's like Motorola and SONGZA!!!!!!!!

Apple is dooooomed!!!

Tim cook!!!

/SARCASM
  • Reply 31 of 47
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dagaz View Post

From the Beats music website (http://www.beatsmusic.com):

"Available on iOS, Android, Windows and Web"

It's available on Android and Windows but not on the Mac?

Yes it is available on Mac.

Web = web browser and Macs run web browsers.

• Reply 32 of 47
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    Well like Tallest Skill said., Apple should not bless androids with their software.
    The app should be exclusive and the web page for Beats should display "Get Beats for iPhone" and continue to list features but not allow them to do anything with the page. They'll get the hint ;)
    here's a few cool logos for a Beats iPhone:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Apple+Logo+Beats&view=detail&id=40302BD3FF878331B34B5EC499F02A040BCF1CFE&first=44

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Apple+Logo+Beats&view=detail&id=A2C2E0BC16D80698295044EA77B400AA37A627A3&first=26

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=apple+beats+logo&view=detail&id=4DC520B8800A44187D9F9C1AED8753E3E7C84104&first=10

You're an OK dude I'm sure... but absolutely not one with good taste in logos! I have to go wash my eyes out now... Thanks! :no:
  • Reply 33 of 47
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    I'm just mad because stupid BEATS!!!!!!111ichi

dr Dre crap music!!!!!!!

apple stupid!!!!!!!!!!

google better by buying REAL company's like Motorola and SONGZA!!!!!!!!

Apple is dooooomed!!!

Tim cook!!!

/SARCASM

You absolutely and always must use the sarcasm tag though in the future. We've had a number of _______(@&$@&$@$@)???!) over the last few weeks that have posted seriously not much different than what you did as sarcastic exaspiration.
  • Reply 34 of 47
    You absolutely and always must use the sarcasm tag though in the future. We've had a number of _______(@&$@&$@$@)???!) over the last few weeks that have posted seriously not much different than what you did as sarcastic exaspiration.

yeah I see that. I was mocking those same people. It's sad really. It should be obvious when someone's being sarcastic but you have morons that will outdo you, except they're being serious. I'll try to include the stinkin' sarcasm tag although I'm reluctant to do so cause I feel it kills the joke.
    You're an OK dude I'm sure... but absolutely not one with good taste in logos! I have to go wash my eyes out now... Thanks! :no:

ah, they're not that bad. I just think if Apple
    made a Beats phone they'd have to throw the signature "b" in there but won't sacrifice the Apple logo either.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Too bad they didn't change the rap-centric name as I'll never use or buy it. When they bought Soundjam which became iTunes at least they changed it to an Applelike name. Don't they realize they are alienating many potential customers because Beats denotes rap and hip hop?

Exactly. Not to mention that crap continues to be crap, even when it's bought by Apple.

• Reply 36 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

…And at any rate, they should not legitimize the platform under any circumstance.

Sorry TS. That train left the station a while ago. Time for us to move along.

• Reply 37 of 47
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The deal wasn't finalized until last week so I don't think they could list the Beats app as truly made by Apple until now.

BTW I noticed yesterday in the Spike Lee documentary that the logo has been changed to a play button. When did that happen?

Edit: Looks like the Beats Music logo has the play button and Beats Audio has the round version.

Now that Beats hardware are to be made by Apple with direction and talent input from Beats I think Apple should remove "Beats By Dr. Dre" references from product and their website.

BTW that 'round version' you are talking about is concurrently the letter "b" for Beats and a is meant to visually represent a single over-ear (and perhaps an in-ear) headphone.

• Reply 38 of 47
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Getting some Apple apps on android is not a bad idea. Trick is to always have them better on iOS.

Apple needs to release iMessage on android so Apple users can use iMessage and its super emoji set exclusively for messaging everyone.

• Reply 39 of 47
    waybacmac wrote: »

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">…And at any rate, they should not legitimize the platform under any circumstance.</span>
    Sorry TS. That train left the station a while ago. Time for us to move along.

That train is crossing a bridge which is soon to find its foundations crumbling.
  • Reply 40 of 47
    ireland wrote: »
    asdasd wrote: »
    Getting some Apple apps on android is not a bad idea. Trick is to always have them better on iOS.

Apple needs to release iMessage on android so Apple users can use iMessage and its super emoji set exclusively for messaging everyone.

God forbid.