Apple to restrict CloudKit services to latest iOS 8, OS X Yosemite betas ahead of launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) I wouldn't put iTunes 12 in that list unless you think it's specifically an issue with iTunes talking to Yosemite to talk to the device over USB.

2) I do have the email Previews issue. If I get PDF I have to save to iBooks and then open it up there. A bit of a pain, that's for sure.

3) I haven't had of the app crash issues with either Yosemite or iOS 8 and so far every 3rd-party app I use is working fine.

4) If memory serves the new OS won't have faster graphics or Safari until a couple point updates in.

There are so many others too that I forget about and still experience daily. Yesterday I was looking (not changing) Settings > Photos. I exited Settings and opened the Photos app...which promptly crashed. Reopening the App and it was "fine". But this shouldn't be happening.

Speaking of Photos and iCloud Photo Library...I still have dozens of blank, phantom photos/videos that appear from the time period when iCloud data was wiped as part of the beta period. There is no way to delete any of it. Further to that point, there is no way to access iCloud Photo Library from a Mac....at all. I don't care that Photos for Mac is not coming till 2015 (absurd)....there needs to be a web and/or Mac client TODAY.

AirPlay randomly disappeared on me, despite being connected to WiFi. Didn't appear in control center, didn't appear in the Share Sheet, didn't appear while looking at a Photo. I played a video on my phone, and viola, finally was able to jump start AirPlay from the icon that then appeared.

There are so many little things like this that are a constant annoyance. I accept any and all of it during the beta period...but as soon as this is released to the public, these kinds of things that worked once but "got broke" are just unacceptable.

• Reply 22 of 23
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I'll probably wait 4-6 months for the bugs to get ironed out of Yosemite, but I'll upgrade to iOS 8 the day of release.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:

BS. There is no way in hell, mathematically, that half of the supported devices are A5 based. That would mean > 50% of the iPads are iPad 2 and iPhone are iPhone 4S, seeing as the iPhone 4 only had the A4.

You would need > 100,000,000 iPhone 4s units domestically sold. Never happened. That alone doesn't include the iPad 2 having to dwarf iPad 3, 4, Air and Mini/Mini-Retina. Never happened.

I honestly wouldn't doubt it. The iPad 2 has been on sale for 3 and a half years and I still see way more of them than any other iPad. Especially schools and corporations. That $100 savings is really attractive. Then the iPad Mini 1, also uses the A5, been on sale for 2 years, cheapest iPad available. The iPhone 4S has been on sale for 3 years as well. I see more 5Cs, 5's and 5S' combined these days, but I bet that the 4S is the top selling iPhone of all time. Longest selling. Plus the iPod Touch 5, only one you ever really see, only one currently selling, only one that supports iOS 7-8, been on sale for two years. All A5 devices. There isn't a single A6 device that sold for longer than a year. All of the A7 devices are under a year old. Mathematically, it makes sense.