Heads up, Belle! They're after you! :)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
HP and UCLA just <a href="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20020124/tc/tech_hewlett_nanochips_dc_2.html"; target="_blank">patented</a> some of the nanotech they're working on.

I assume that's your bag?

Maybe HP was smarter than I thought when they dumped PA-RISC for IA-64: Let Intel pay for squeezing the last few micrometers out of silicon tech while they prepare to leap to the next level.

Hmm.

So, how're those baryons doing? Housebroken yet?

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Amorph ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Oh puhlease. Nanotechnology is sooo next decade.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    LOL!

So you're working on... femtotechnology?

Or quantum, if you're sniffing at the molecular work.

2030: "IBM (Isn't Belle Marvelous) introduces the first computer that uses variances in the vibration of superstrings to perform calculations and storage!"
  • Reply 3 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Amorph:

<strong>Or quantum, if you're sniffing at the molecular work.</strong><hr></blockquote>

[quote]<strong>2030: "IBM (Isn't Belle Marvelous) introduces the first computer that uses variances in the vibration of superstrings to perform calculations and storage!"</strong><hr></blockquote>

How about Isobel's Beautiful Machines? And I'm aiming for 2015-2020.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member
    [quote]Originally posted by Belle:

<strong>

How about Isobel's Beautiful Machines? And I'm aiming for 2015-2020. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey belle, since I might be out of a job in the Silicon arena maybe around that time frame you could find me something to do in your company?

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Eskimo ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 16
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    When geeks flirt?

• Reply 6 of 16
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Eskimo jumps the Silicon arena for the Silicone arena? ...
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Since I have never paid attention before and I can't quite be sure about the allusions in this thread, tell me, Belle, where do you work? IBM?
  • Reply 8 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Eskimo:

<strong>Hey belle, since I might be out of a job in the Silicon arena maybe around that time frame you could find me something to do in your company? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, assuming we can persuade Those Who Matter to keep funding the project for that long, and we can get things to work on a larger scale, and with a little more stability, and I can mount a takeover of the company, you're on. I expect I'll need someone to make the tea.

[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Eskimo jumps the Silicon arena for the Silicone arena? ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cheeky little ****. They're all mine. What there is of them.

[quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>Since I have never paid attention before and I can't quite be sure about the allusions in this thread, tell me, Belle, where do you work? IBM?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Who's asking?
  • Reply 9 of 16
    (sigh)
  • Reply 10 of 16
    eskimoeskimo Posts: 474member

<strong>

Well, assuming we can persuade Those Who Matter to keep funding the project for that long, and we can get things to work on a larger scale, and with a little more stability, and I can mount a takeover of the company, you're on. I expect I'll need someone to make the tea.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I'd like to think that my education and experience would allow me to help out in areas other than just fetching your refreshments Although if paid enough i'm not above making coffee .
  • Reply 11 of 16
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Cheeky little ****. They're all mine. What there is of them.<hr></blockquote>

The pun was dangled like a carrot! I love carrots.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Eskimo:

<strong>Well I'd like to think that my education and experience would allow me to help out in areas other than just fetching your refreshments Although if paid enough i'm not above making coffee .</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, once we figure out how to make these things a little bigger, we'll need experienced testers and debuggers. So you could do that. When you're not making tea.

[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>The pun was dangled like a carrot! I love carrots.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It was, and you should never resist the urge when puns are offered up like that... though it seems to upset people when you post them to serious threads...
  • Reply 13 of 16
    [quote]<strong>Well, assuming we can persuade Those Who Matter to keep funding the project for that long, and we can get things to work on a larger scale, and with a little more stability, and I can mount a takeover of the company, you're on. I expect I'll need someone to make the tea. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey, if the political winds blow the wrong way I might be looking in a couple of years. I understand the tea-making position might be taken, but I brew a mean cup of joe.

[quote]<strong>Cheeky little ****. They're all mine. What there is of them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Small is beautiful! Referring to your computers, of course.

[quote][Splinemodel wondered whether she wored at IBM.]

<strong>Who's asking?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Tease.

When I asked, Splinemodel, she was at IBM.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Amorph:

<strong>[Splinemodel wondered whether she wored at IBM.]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd like to point out that Amorph missed out a "k" from this word, not an "h".
  • Reply 15 of 16

<strong>

I'd like to point out that Amorph missed out a "k" from this word, not an "h".</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd like to point out that Belle's guessing.

*grin, duck, run away!*
  • Reply 16 of 16
    I'd like to point out that I had nothing to do with the imminent assault on Amorph.

[Note to EmAn - a thread with your name on it is a great way to increase that post count. ]