Tim Cook unlocks the doors at Apple's Palo Alto store to kick off iPhone 6 sales

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    Tim's been working out, stay jacked son! Also awesome way to kick off a store opening!
  • Reply 22 of 39
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wigby View Post

I think it's cool in a different more approachable way. Jobs was a rockstar and would never have done that. That is cool.

But Cook is cool on a more personal level if that's possible. He seems approachable and that makes Apple more approachable. That is also cool.

Sure?

• Reply 23 of 39
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    The insane thing is that even though Apple will smash all their sales records with this phone, they will also smash their ASP records since so many are opting for bigger capacities and the 6+
  • Reply 24 of 39
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Sure?

Yep. There are other public events that Jobs visited too. It's not the same thing as opening the doors to the public, doing media press all week and meeting the public without being surrounded by Apple execs.

• Reply 25 of 39
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member

The Onion's version of this story will have Cook trampled to death by customers pushing past him. 

• Reply 26 of 39
    heliahelia Posts: 170member
    This just gets better and better! Go Apple, Go! :)
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Find some of the best links on the web that are currently offering attractive discounts and lowest price for iPhone 6 only at FreeAppleIPhone6(dot)com Just replace the (dot) with the actual dot
  • Reply 28 of 39
    [IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/49169/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
    [B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue]What's This All Bloody SPOOFING ?

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#f09]AAPL Started $102.29 at Opening and Easily Climbed to $102.35 According to Unprecedented Enormous Success Number of Launch of New i-Phone 6 & i-Phone 6 Plus, and Then Again Plunged All of Sudden and Suppressed Hovering below Yesterday's Closing level and When It Climbed Up To Yesterday's Closing Level Again, It Was Forced To Plunge Again AS USUAL.

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#09c]Today It is Especially So Ugly to See Such A Hideous Plunge 3 Times in One Day and Ended Up To Nearly 1% HORRIBLE LOSS Despite that All That Good News Coming to Apple from All Over The World in Every Direction Over This Week Especially from Yesterday to Today !

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue]Do You Know that Even Pre-Order Number of i-Phone 6 & i-Phone 6 Plus Only in JAPAN HAS EXCEEDED A MILLION That's DOUBLED Compared With i-Phone 5S & 5C Combined Last Year ?

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#f06]Do YOU Think It is A Normal Stock Movement ?

[B][I][SIZE=6][COLOR=blue]That's DEFINITELY " Engineered Manipulation " !

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#f09]Let's FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT Against KCG( Getco + Night Capital Merger ) and FINRA !

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#09c]KCG Traders Created A False Appearance of Buy- or Sell-Side Pressure.

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#09c]Once Their Orders Were Filled, the KCG Traders Would Then Immediately Cancel Orders That Had Only Been Designed To Create The False Appearance of Market Activity. As A Result of This Improper High Frequency Trading Strategy, KCG's Traders Obtained Advantageous Prices That Otherwise Would Not Have Been Available To Them On More Than100,000 Occasions.

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#09c]KCG Entered Numerous Layered, Non-Bona Fide Market Moving Orders To Generate Selling or Buying Interest In Specific Stocks Such As [B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#f06]" AAPL ". [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
    By Entering The Non-Bona Fide Orders, Often In Substantial Size Relative To A Stock's Overall Legitimate Pending Order Volume, KCG traders Created A False Appearance of Buy- or Sell-Side Pressure.

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#09c]This Trading Strategy Induced Other Market Participants to Enter Orders to Execute Against Limit Orders Previously Entered by the KCG Traders. Once Their Orders Were Filled, the KCG Traders Would Then Immediately Cancel Orders That Had Only Been Designed to Create The False Appearance of Market Activity. As A Result of This Improper High Frequency Trading Strategy, KCG's Traders Obtained Advantageous Prices that Otherwise Would Not Have Been Aavailable to Them on More Than 100,000 Occasions.

[B][I][SIZE=6][COLOR=#f09]It's HIGH TIME for ALL THE NORMAL LONG-TERM AAPL OWNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD to TAKE AN ACTION !
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
  • Reply 29 of 39
    Originally Posted by HAMETA View Post

What's This All Bloody SPOOFING ?

I missed you. I agree that there’s something fishy with AAPL.

• Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HAMETA View Post

What's This...

(snip)

LOL... Classic HAMETA!

• Reply 31 of 39
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    [SIZE=24px]What's This All Bloody SPOOFING ?[/SIZE]

The iPhone launch was completely overshadowed in the stock market by the Alibaba IPO today. No doubt many people trimmed their AAPL (and other) positions to raise funds to buy some BABA. If one just tries to analyze the movement of AAPL with blinkers on, one might see imaginary monsters.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    Still lines outside the store at 5:30 this evening, though no 6+ in stock currently. They said probably more delivered tomorrow.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    quinney wrote: »
    The iPhone launch was completely overshadowed in the stock market by the Alibaba IPO today. No doubt many people trimmed their AAPL (and other) positions to raise funds to buy some BABA. If one just tries to analyze the movement of AAPL with blinkers on, one might see imaginary monsters.

HaHaHaHaHaHa, You Sound " Henchman of VILLAIN to Be Desperate to Cover Up VILLAIN's WRONGDOINGS ", LOL.

So You're Saying ALL THE STOCKS which PLUNGED TODAY Were Attributed by Alibaba IPO, CLEVER.:lol::lol::lol:

But Your Clever Thesis NEVER EXPLAINS PROPERLY Why There Were AAPL's Upward Surge 3 Times Today in The First Place Then. That Impetus NEVER GENERATES in The First Place According to Your Clever Theory, LOL.

• Reply 34 of 39

There's precisely no point in seeking reason in the day-to-day movements of a stock's price, much less the hour-to-hour movements. There's no mechanical relationship between any measurable aspect of a company's value and its stock price even in the very big picture, or Apple never would've dropped by half and come back to beat its previous high over the past few years. It's all just glorified gambling.

• Reply 35 of 39
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    hameta wrote: »
    quinney wrote: »

HaHaHaHaHaHa, You Sound " Henchman of VILLAIN to Be Desperate to Cover Up VILLAIN's WRONGDOINGS ", LOL.

You sound like a paranoid schizophrenic.
    So You're Saying ALL THE STOCKS which PLUNGED TODAY Were Attributed by Alibaba IPO, CLEVER.:lol::lol::lol:

No. What I am saying is the iPhone launch was completely overshadowed in the stock market by the Alibaba IPO today. No doubt many people trimmed their AAPL (and other) positions to raise funds to buy some BABA. If one just tries to analyze the movement of AAPL with blinkers on, one might see imaginary monsters.
    But Your Clever Thesis NEVER EXPLAINS PROPERLY Why There Were AAPL's Upward Surge 3 Times Today in The First Place Then. That Impetus NEVER GENERATES in The First Place According to Your Clever Theory, LOL.

I was not and would not try to explain short term fluctuations of less than one percent in the price of a widely traded stock. I would suggest to you that they probably are not caused by boogeymen.
  • Reply 36 of 39

Eddy Cue is wearing an Apple Watch while Tim Cook isn't. Nice detail from Eddy Cue, but why doesn't Tim wear one?

• Reply 37 of 39

Supercool and awesome. The the iPhone is now without any compromises. I am happy :)

• Reply 38 of 39
    [SIZE=24px]What's This All Bloody SPOOFING ?[/SIZE]

I agree. It's been going on ever since the plunge in 2012. Traders basically buying and selling out on Friday each week.
  • Reply 39 of 39
    No spoof here. Imagine if Tim Cook opened up at the NY SOHO-