New iMacs Ads are out!!!!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I agree 100% with AtAT. Unless you get the Micro Machines guy from Galoob, you're not going to be able to list specs or detail iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes or iDVD appreciably enough for people to care. Not in 15-30 seconds.

The original iMac sold itself with its cuteness factor, not iApps or amazing specs.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]For the FOURTH time, they can do BOTH, people.<hr></blockquote>

So why are you ripping these two videos apart?
  • Reply 43 of 45
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    I gave these two'ads' the girlfriend test last night. Results? She loved them both.

She remarked about how they gave it "such a fun personality".
  • Reply 44 of 45
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>

So why are you ripping these two videos apart?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Because, that isn't enough. It can't do the job. And it sends a weird message that the original iMac ended up fighting for almost three years: cute/different = toy and not a serious computer.

We all know the truth of course, but I've heard TONS of people over the past several years question the iMac's use, place, abilities, etc.

This spot (whether or not it's a true commercial, I still don't know) only seems to reinforce or play that up.

When I said "they can do both", I meant IN THE SAME AD.

You see car ads do it all the time: great visuals, cool effects/camera work AND reasons why the car is cooler/better/safer/more powerful, etc.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 45 of 45
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    By the way, I agree with the AtAT piece as well...particularly the last paragraph. That's what I've been saying for two days now!

I guess when someone official says it, then it means something.