How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54

I have everything set up, but there is no "Text Message Forwarding" under Settings>Messages.

• Reply 42 of 54
    Well I did all you said here , but no numbers appear anywhere on my Macbook pro , so I can not complete this , where am I supposed to get those numbers ?? my Macbook Pro Retina and my iPhone 5 (running 8.1) are both on the same WiFi network , what am I missing guys ??
  • Reply 43 of 54
    Well I did all you said here , but no numbers appear anywhere on my Macbook pro , so I can not complete this , where am I supposed to get those numbers ?? my Macbook Pro Retina and my iPhone 5 (running 8.1) are both on the same WiFi network , what am I missing guys ??
  • Reply 44 of 54
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

What?  Whose behalf?  Where did you apologise?

I already "ate crow"

So what on earth are you talking about?  You can't just throw together words and hope they make sense.

• Reply 45 of 54

Why are people cluttering up an information thread with stupid attacks on each other?

• Reply 46 of 54
    crowley wrote: »
    What?  Whose behalf?  Where did you apologise?

I already "ate crow"

So what on earth are you talking about?  You can't just throw together words and hope they make sense.

Well spotted.

My brain must be frazzled. I was graciously accepting your apology on his behalf.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 896member
    There's only one problem with this and the phone calls. WAKE MY MACBOOK!!!
  • Reply 48 of 54

It doesn't work between my iPhone and my iPad; I noticed someone else mentioned this. It does work on my iMac, though.

• Reply 49 of 54
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Well spotted.

My brain must be frazzled. I was graciously accepting your apology on his behalf.

Pro Tip:  Let other people describe you as gracious, don't do it yourself, or you'll seem like an ass.

• Reply 50 of 54
    hi
    i just updated my device and mac to the latest version of software and
    im trying to set my messages for both my devise and mac but i can't .im going to the setting>messages>text messages forwarding>on
    it says enter code please tel me whats the code or where to get a code to active it
  • Reply 51 of 54

whats the number to get code?

• Reply 52 of 54
    On your phone's settings, Is imessage set to start new conversations from your iCloud email instead of your phone number?
  • Reply 53 of 54

1.Backup all text messages to computer; 2.Save text messages as CSV file 3.Print out sms from mobile phone 4.Send sms using computer That is SMS Messages Software.