Mac Warehouse has a good new catalog design

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I dont know if this is worthwhile to post, but the new Mac Warehouse catalog design is really well done. Ironic, how it stands out more than the splashy MacMall and MacZone catalogs.

Ok, that is all I have to say.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    macconnection has the best apple product layouts.

I honestly think Apple should just use the macconection spreads for their print ads.

they are so good
  • Reply 2 of 16
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I get so many Mac magazines a month, I really can't keep track. I do wish they would give you a little more information on the products and such, instead of the 6 word blurb.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    I got that same Mac Warehouse catalog yesterday in the mail and I sat down and read the whole thing because it caught my eye. I normally let them pile up until I need something. However, somebody did this one right.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Barvow:

<strong>I got that same Mac Warehouse catalog yesterday in the mail and I sat down and read the whole thing because it caught my eye. I normally let them pile up until I need something. However, somebody did this one right.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heheh - same here.

Oh - guess what my first order from Mac Warehouse was? SimCity Classic and a CD full of fonts. Hehe - I still remember how exciting it was when they arrived! That was several years ago - in fact, it might have even been 1993 or 1994.

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: FreshApple ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 16
    I haven't gotten a MacWarehouse in ages

I seem to get 10 or 20 MacMalls every month though..
  • Reply 6 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by iDogcow:

<strong>I haven't gotten a MacWarehouse in ages

I seem to get 10 or 20 MacMalls every month though.. </strong><hr></blockquote>

After a long time since the last thing you bought from them, they will send you a "last issue" with a big sticker on it letting you know that you have to buy something. If you don't, they don't send you anymore unless you call.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by FreshApple:

<strong>

After a long time since the last thing you bought from them, they will send you a "last issue" with a big sticker on it letting you know that you have to buy something. If you don't, they don't send you anymore unless you call.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not true. Two years ago I got about six issues that had that "last issue" sticker.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    If it's the one I saw on Friday, it's really ugly, IMO. They tried to do simple, but didn't figure out how to make it work like Apple. Bad font choices too.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    I think it's a new standard for mac catalogues ! I specially like the red font (WAREHOUSE) - does anyone know the name and foundry?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    I didn't get the catalog, but their web site is nearly impossible to navigate. They have a can't-get-there-from-here situation.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>I didn't get the catalog, but their web site is nearly impossible to navigate. They have a can't-get-there-from-here situation.</strong><hr></blockquote>

agreed. i ordered something once, and its been comming for years.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    In the Mac Warehouse, take a look at the powerbook page and read the last paragraph. AFAIK, the powerbook does not have SuperDrive yet.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Billy:

<strong>In the Mac Warehouse, take a look at the powerbook page and read the last paragraph. AFAIK, the powerbook does not have SuperDrive yet.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Where does it say anything about a Superdrive?
  • Reply 14 of 16
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Cool! I was expecting my company to be slaughtered in this thread but so far it's all been good! I know all the designers that worked on the new look and they are all mac lovers like us. Plus they are dedicated designers and good folks. I'll let them know that so far the concensus is good!
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Sweet. I will be expecting it soon. When I signed up for Mac Warehouse I accidently signed up for Micro Warehouse also, is there any way I can cancel Micro Warehouse and keep Mac Warehouse? I'm looking for a link on there site about it but I havent found one.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Nice clean new look. I haven't boughten from them in a while, but that new iMac is looking good!