How big is yours? Photoshop file that is.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK boys & girls, here's a fun one. Lets compare and gloat about our biggest Photoshop files. I think its fun to wow my peecee friends with working file size numbers that make their heads spin. Also include your Mac's vitals. To start off, my current record, 3 months ago, was a trade show visual I was working on. It measured 10ft x 10ft at 150ppi RGB. Base files size of 927MB, at it's largest layered size (17 layers) combining the scatch disk space, it topped out at about 4200MB. I work on a G4/350 with 896MB RAM and PS 6. To pull this feat off, I also have two 40gig external firewire drives (sh*t load of scratch disk), lots of finger crossing, saving after each action and faith in the Mac Gods!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    /mandolux//mandolux/ Posts: 648member
    ...for me, the following is just about average on any day:

:-!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    My god your running iTunes IE and 3 windows open in finder, how can OS 9 Live at that speed and not crash. You got me beat usually os 9 would crash before I could get file sizes of that magnatude
  • Reply 3 of 8
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    2MB baby! You hear that? TWO FSCKING MEGABYTES! ph34r m3!11!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Mine was somewhere like 220MB....that was done about three years ago for a SUPER HUGE poster with a lot of layers.

But now I don't do big print stuff anymore....typical ps files I am working on right now are around 80MB to 90MB in size. Of course with layers

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by /mandolux/:

<strong>...for me, the following is just about average on any day:

:-!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you run the web site by the same name? If so, I want to really thank you! I love the desktop pics of all the jet fighters, especially the F-22s. Good work!!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic:

<strong>

Do you run the web site by the same name? If so, I want to really thank you! I love the desktop pics of all the jet fighters, especially the F-22s. Good work!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

No problem. It is an honor and pleasure to do what I do. Too bad I can't get paid for it. You are a minority in this forum - a lot of users tell me that aerospace pictures are boring and I should stop. I won't! :-)

Anyway, thank you and you should know this Friday - I'm gonna be doing a big update (20 aerospace, 1 vector, 1 austere (new), and 2 giants (new)).
  • Reply 7 of 8
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Heh, a long time ago I had an aerospace web site. Then I decided to go EE instead of AE.

Anyway, the covers for most of the magazine covers I make are around 100MB. 300 dpi, usually 9x11.5 (bleed). Since most of the material is churned out of a 3D renderer, I usually don't have too many layers.

I've gone bigger: I made an 11x17 ad once, but it was grayscale, so it wasn't any larger.

Of course, I do have some 10MB 3D Models. And my ever popular 101000 polygons, 1 object. ACIS modeling forever.

[ 05-09-2002: Message edited by: Splinemodel ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>Heh, a long time ago I had an aerospace web site. Then I decided to go EE instead of AE. ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

:-)

What was it about?