Made me laugh--SJ as Chairman of MSFT?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For the avid readers of WIRED out there, here is a little tidbit in the most recent issue (the one with Spielberg on the cover) that made me laugh.

p. 027 middle, bottom:

[quote] Ascent Technology founder Patrick Winston, referring to airport logistics management, notes that "maybe there are some gates or jobs that could be swapped to make things easyer for everybody."

Truer words have rarely been spoken; indeed, I'm sure many Wired readers can think of some Gates and Jobs they wouldn't mind switching.

Adam Greenfield

[email protected]<hr></blockquote>

Can you imagine Jobs being the Chairman of Microsoft and Gates being the CEO and Chairman of Apple? ::shudder:: What do you think would happen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    I wouldn't buy Apple computers anymore...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I just had a dream about that! I dreamt that Gates spent his fortune in a hostile takeover of Apple, and Steve trying to get back at Gates, formed a alliance with Ellison, and Bank of America to use their combined fortunes in a hostile takeover of M$.

Weird.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Apple would grow. MS would tank.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    spongemacspongemac Posts: 28member
    It would be like Bizzaro-world in Super Friends.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    skip_112skip_112 Posts: 17member
    Microsoft would all of a sudden produce easy to use programs that were rock solid and consumer friendly...Apple would go to S****.

Either that or SJ would run M$ into the ground to spite Gates and then buy back Apple in a hostile take over.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I can imagine steve at a meeting at Redmond:

"I think we should invest $40billion on cars that run on used dish water! It's the next iMac guys."