Extended downtime for Apple's iTunes, App Store and more lingers for hours [ux2]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member

Curiously, this outage is partial and highly localized. I can't download any new apps via iTunes on my MacBook Air, but I can play songs uploaded to iCloud via iTunes Match (including purchased songs).

Even more strangely, I was able to update apps on my home Mac's App Store (I clicked on "Update All"), but I couldn't do the same on my MBA which is here with me at work for a single app, about ten miles away with the same Apple ID. However, once I clicked on "Update All", it was able to download the sole app that needed updating, so it appears to be some authentication problem for certain tasks where one is prompted for their Apple ID password.

• Reply 22 of 29
    mnbob1mnbob1 Posts: 269member
    pscooter63 wrote: »
    iTunes (desktop) seems to be up for me: I successfully performed a unique search that could not have been cached.  The Mac App Store seems fine, now, too.

But earlier today, yes, it did seem to hiccup briefly.  An album image in another search result didn't load, and I got exactly one "unable to connect" message when I clicked on it.  But the anomaly was gone within a minute.

The problem is with authentication. If you attempt to make a purchase it will fail.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    td912td912 Posts: 26member
    Trying to listen to some iTunes Radio stations and was getting errors too. I signed out and now can't sign back in. Guess I'll need to wait until they fix whatever's wrong to log back in.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mausz View Post

Is Apple Pay still working for users who experience this problem (it should...)

I have an issue with the store on all devices and was successful in using Apple Pay @ Whole Foods.

• Reply 25 of 29
    It's 1:30 ET, and it's still down. iTunes Match is also affected.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    techno wrote: »
    While trying to authenticate to update iMovie, I received this error: STATUS_CODE_ERROR

Getting the exact same error in the Mac App Store when trying to apply available app updates.
    That system status page is a joke and an insult.

Looks pretty damned detailed to me, and seems to represent the current status quite well, so it's definitely not an insult or a joke, those are statements deserving of Microshaft crap.
    Well, it's either Chinese, Russian, CIA or NSA hackers obviously.

I'm going with CIA in light of the recent revelation by Edward Snowden...
    Still noticing problems with App Store. Unable to download an iPad app this morning

Was able to apply app updates on my iPad just now with no issue *knock on wood*
    markbyrn wrote: »
    Time to roll out an Apple Trope. How about this wouldn't happen under Steve Jobs.

How about this... We quit bringing that stupid crap up!
    mnbob1 wrote: »
    The problem is with authentication. If you attempt to make a purchase it will fail.

Yup!
  • Reply 27 of 29
    How could services been returned to normal at 5:45pm eastern time when it is only 5:15pm eastern at the time of me writing this?
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Apple posted a major security update yesterday for both Mac and Apple TV. I downloaded and installed it before the downtime. Could the hackers have interfered with that update service?