Amid rumors of Apple subscription TV service, Sling TV comes to Xbox One, adds new channels

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozer View Post

HBO is $15 per month, I assume quality non-commercial packed networks will follow like Showtime. If you opt for 2 of these your TV bill is now $30. What will basic networks ABC, CBS and FOX cost, maybe $10 each, maybe less. I still watch some primetime TV on each of those networks so now I'm at $70. If I care about watching sports those networks would add to this amount. I still have to have internet service so my bill will look pretty much the same as it does now. I don't see me cutting of cable just yet if this pricing is what we have to look forward to. 

Well CBS All Access now is $5.99 a month.  So if they all did this, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and CW, You're already up to $30 for 5 channels!!! Channels you can get for FREE with a Antenna!!!  If you're now going to pay $30-$40 for TV from Apple, why not just stick with your Cable company at this point, You'd get more Channels for their lowest basic TV package.   I knew HBO wasn't going to undercut themselves price wise from the Cable TV Prices.  So I knew $15 at Minimum was a given.  It's so much!!!  Shouldn't have been more then $9.99 a month.  I don't think these company's get it!!!  HBO alone is costing you $180 per year!!!  If all you watch is maybe the Game of Thrones and maybe one other series, buy a Season pass or DVD's later.   You'd save a bunch of money.  Or know someone that pays for HBO and use their account for HBO Go like people already do,  or Torrent as they SAY.  See it in HD commercial free on the same day and it costs you nothing.   If you make prices reasonable, people are more likely to just pay as it's easier.  Easy and CHEAP is what people like.

I threw up a large Antenna when I got my house.  One of the first things I did.  That and Wired my house with Cat6 cable everywhere. Plug in and be on my fast network.  My Internet is not fast, It's U-Verse, but fast enough to stream HD from Netflix just fine.  I only have a $35 a month Internet only bill.  All the broadcast channels I can record onto my PC and watch anywhere in my house.  Zero cost every month and 100% LEGAL!!!   Between this and Netflix and Amazon Prime, both which I had when I had Cable, I have way more then enough content to watch.  Far more shows then time.  It's been over 2-1/2 years or so since I cut the cord, and I don't miss Cable TV or that Cable Box, let alone Comcast!!!

SlingTV does look interesting and if you want to cut the cord and still get ESPN for your sports fix and Money Night Football, or TBS for baseball, SlingTV at $20 is not bad, but I wouldn't pay for it.  I'm not a big sports person.  I think again the price shouldn't be more then $9.99 at most for it.  I'd feel the same way about some Rumored Apple TV service.

• Reply 22 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jbdragon wrote: »
    Well CBS All Access now is $5.99 a month.  So if they all did this, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and CW, You're already up to $30 for 5 channels!!! Channels you can get for FREE with a Antenna!!!  If you're now going to pay $30-$40 for TV from Apple, why not just stick with your Cable company at this point, You'd get more Channels for their lowest basic TV package.   I knew HBO wasn't going to undercut themselves price wise from the Cable TV Prices.  So I knew $15 at Minimum was a given.  It's so much!!!  Shouldn't have been more then $9.99 a month.  I don't think these company's get it!!!  HBO alone is costing you $180 per year!!!  If all you watch is maybe the Game of Thrones and maybe one other series, buy a Season pass or DVD's later.   You'd save a bunch of money.  Or know someone that pays for HBO and use their account for HBO Go like people already do,  or Torrent as they SAY.  See it in HD commercial free on the same day and it costs you nothing.   If you make prices reasonable, people are more likely to just pay as it's easier.  Easy and CHEAP is what people like.

I threw up a large Antenna when I got my house.  One of the first things I did.  That and Wired my house with Cat6 cable everywhere. Plug in and be on my fast network.  My Internet is not fast, It's U-Verse, but fast enough to stream HD from Netflix just fine.  I only have a $35 a month Internet only bill.  All the broadcast channels I can record onto my PC and watch anywhere in my house.  Zero cost every month and 100% LEGAL!!!   Between this and Netflix and Amazon Prime, both which I had when I had Cable, I have way more then enough content to watch.  Far more shows then time.  It's been over 2-1/2 years or so since I cut the cord, and I don't miss Cable TV or that Cable Box, let alone Comcast!!!

SlingTV does look interesting and if you want to cut the cord and still get ESPN for your sports fix and Money Night Football, or TBS for baseball, SlingTV at $20 is not bad, but I wouldn't pay for it.  I'm not a big sports person.  I think again the price shouldn't be more then $9.99 at most for it.  I'd feel the same way about some Rumored Apple TV service.

You're forgetting that CBS is the only network not on Hulu, so you're getting all those other stations and then some for $7.99. Also you can't watch a show that aired previously with an antenna.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBDragon View Post

Well CBS All Access now is $5.99 a month.  So if they all did this, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and CW, You're already up to $30 for 5 channels!!! Channels you can get for FREE with a Antenna!!!  If you're now going to pay $30-$40 for TV from Apple, why not just stick with your Cable company at this point, You'd get more Channels for their lowest basic TV package. 

If you're gonna sign up for all of those, why shouldn't you be paying about the same as you would for cable?

Ala Carte channels are for people who DO NOT want to pay for channels they are not going to watch.

None of this has anything to do with offering all the same channels as cable for less money. If that's what you think this is all about, you've missed the point entirely.