Samsung takes Apple obsession to next level with new Galaxy ad

Comments

• Reply 101 of 135
    anomeanome Posts: 1,544member
    kenc wrote: »
    Why is everyone so sure the voiceover was by a Brit? Sounded Australian to me.
    I can see why you might say that. but I'm not sure. Could go either way. The fact they say "Aluminum" is also odd, since we say "Aluminium", like the British.

I also did detect some North American tones, possibly suggesting someone who's been living in America for a while.

So I think I've cracked it. It's a South African born New Zealander who went to school in Melbourne, University in Manchester, and moved to Los Angeles to work as a voice actor.
  • Reply 102 of 135
    michael scripmichael scrip Posts: 1,916member
    anome wrote: »
    So I think I've cracked it. It's a South African born New Zealander who went to school in Melbourne, University in Manchester, and moved to Los Angeles to work as a voice actor.

...and who is ultimately hired for a voiceover job for a South Korean electronics company.

:D
  • Reply 103 of 135
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    ...and who is ultimately hired for a voiceover job for a South Korean electronics company.

:D

...which has hired an ad agency founded by a aging wannabe hipster from Amsterdam to make a movie about manufacturing by filmmakers who have never turned a screwdriver in their whole digital lives and who couldn't tell an British dialect from a South African poseur's.
  • Reply 104 of 135
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    The ad agency [B]72andSunny[/B] on "Apple's inferior products"—the commercials that made fun of Apple fans.

http://www.72andsunny.com/work/samsung/fan-boys
  • Reply 105 of 135
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jungmark wrote: »
    Have you seen the Phillies play? Haha. I'm a fan.

I think his dad was a Yankees fan since the Phillies were dreadful back in the day while the yanks won a lot.

That would explain it. Thanks
  • Reply 106 of 135
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,954member

Those "unboxing" ads were actually sort of clever. Why didn't they just stick with those? 

• Reply 107 of 135
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    And this just in:

[URL=http://petapixel.com/2015/05/05/some-samsung-galaxy-s6-rear-cameras-have-sony-sensors-but-others-have-samsung-ones/]Some Samsung Galaxy S6 Rear Cameras Have Sony Sensors, But Others Have Samsung Ones[/URL]

[I]"Samsung’s new S6 and S6 Edge smartphones were [B]recently found by DxOMark to have the best sensor quality of all smartphones on the market, trumping even the iPhone 6. [/B] Good news, right?

Turns out it may not be all roses for Samsung: smartphone owners are reporting that some of their phones contain Samsung sensors instead of Sony’s highly regarded ones (and perhaps the one that was tested?), [B]which is reportedly leading to differences in image quality between different units of the S6 and S6 Edge.[/B]

News of the discrepancy first emerged over in the XDA Forums, where a user posted two images of two S6 smartphones with different sensor versions. One has a Samsung ISOCELL sensor in its rear camera (left), and the other has a Sony Exmor sensor (right)."[/I]

Looks like Samsung is trying to pull a fast one again... this time against their fans and customers. Even I was intrigued by the overall favorable reviews to consider getting this for development purposes. Now I'm thinking I'll just wait and see what Google comes up with next or possibly the LG. I can't imagine holding an S6 without gagging just a bit.
  • Reply 108 of 135
    belashtibelashti Posts: 2member
    From giga.de

• Reply 109 of 135
    belashtibelashti Posts: 2member

From giga.de

• Reply 110 of 135
    deepen03deepen03 Posts: 101member

I have been enjoying every second of my S6 edge. Samsung one-upped the iPhone 6 in terms of design and now Apple fans are mad.

800 degree Celsius melted glass curved around a screen. Samsung simply showed off their design process.

And I am sure you know they manufacture a lot of Apple parts also. You can thank Samsung for that clean iPhone 6 design.

• Reply 111 of 135
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    deepen03 wrote: »
    I have been enjoying every second of my S6 edge. Samsung one-upped the iPhone 6 in terms of design and now Apple fans are mad.

800 degree Celsius melted glass curved around a screen. Samsung simply showed off their design process.

And I am sure you know they manufacture a lot of Apple parts also. You can thank Samsung for that clean iPhone 6 design.

Haha. You forgot the sarcasm tag.
  • Reply 112 of 135
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deepen03 View Post

What purpose does the curved glass serve? The only thing mentioned in their commercial is the ability to see a message notification while the phone is placed upside sown on a table. If that's all it's good for, seems like a ridiculous waste of effort for something that could have been achieved more simply and elegantly via an LED lamp on the back, or you know, by placing your phone right side up.

Apple fans aren't mad because Samsung "one-upped" the iPhone. Haven't you noticed how other Android phone makers don't get the same kind of hate, even those that make much better phones than Samsung (LG, Motorola)? If Samsung had included a curved display on an S6 that wasn't a Xerox copy of an iPhone, then any negative comments would have been limited to questioning the curved display's usefulness.  But true to form, Samsung copied 99% of their design from Apple, right down to their packaging, power adapter, and TV commercials narrated by some chump faking an English accent. All this, while hilariously claiming to be a company that focuses on design. LOL.

Samsung is like the cover band of cell phone manufacturers. The difference is that cover bands don't go around pretending their work is original or mocking the real artists whose work they copy.

• Reply 113 of 135
    Quote:

Originally Posted by freediverx View Post

What purpose does the curved glass serve? The only thing mentioned in their commercial is the ability to see a message notification while the phone is placed upside sown on a table. If that's all it's good for, seems like a ridiculous waste of effort for something that could have been achieved more simply and elegantly via an LED lamp on the back, or you know, by placing your phone right side up.

Apple fans aren't mad because Samsung "one-upped" the iPhone. Haven't you noticed how other Android phone makers don't get the same kind of hate, even those that make much better phones than Samsung (LG, Motorola)? If Samsung had included a curved display on an S6 that wasn't a Xerox copy of an iPhone, then any negative comments would have been limited to questioning the curved display's usefulness.  But true to form, Samsung copied 99% of their design from Apple, right down to their packaging, power adapter, and TV commercials narrated by some chump faking an English accent. All this, while hilariously claiming to be a company that focuses on design. LOL.

Samsung is like the cover band of cell phone manufacturers. The difference is that cover bands don't go around pretending their work is original or mocking the real artists whose work they copy.

Ok so I'll admit, I only got the curved screen because it looks less iPhone-ey than the S6. The curved screen just looks cool honestly. It does have the cool notification features, but the biggest thing is people ask "What is that?" when they see it, in awe of the design.

LOL how does Samsung packaging even look close to iPhone packaging? We don't use a lightning adapter, so not the same. And that was a Korean guy speaking in a English accent. A lot of Koreans sound like that when they speak proper English, so that's just plain racist for you to say that.

Samsung lightly took some design elements of the iPhone and made them better, in my opinion. Full Gorilla Glass 4 front and back and a stronger aluminum than your bendable iPhone 6 LOL. 577 PPI Screen with a 16MP Optical Camera that Apple wishes Sony gave them instead. Enjoy your 720P Nexus 4 spec'd iPhone 6 in 2015.

• Reply 114 of 135
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Haha. You forgot the sarcasm tag.

actually NO.. I actually do love my S6 edge.. Left iPhone in 2012 after the 5 and got an S4, S5 and S6 edge since then.. NEVER GOING BACK.

• Reply 115 of 135
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,666member
    Quote:

Samsung lightly took some design elements of the iPhone and made them better, in my opinion. Full Gorilla Glass 4 front and back and a stronger aluminum than your bendable iPhone 6 LOL. 577 PPI Screen with a 16MP Optical Camera that Apple wishes Sony gave them instead. Enjoy your 720P Nexus 4 spec'd iPhone 6 in 2015.

Did you miss the report where the S6 bends as easily than an iPhone 6 PLUS, and in fact fails completely sooner?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/3/8341123/samsung-galaxy-s6-bendgate

And that awesome camera may or may not actually *be* from Sony — it's a crapshoot, and you don't know what you're getting. They're both very good, mind you, but you seem to a bit ignorant to be arguing from authority. 

http://www.legitreviews.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-shipping-with-different-camera-sensors_163139

As for resolution: I'm not sure that "higher than I can discern" leaves room for improvement. The money spent on making a display 600 dpi just to win spec wars might better have been invested into a brighter, more sunlight-capable display and/or longer battery life. 

• Reply 116 of 135
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Quote:

actually NO.. I actually do love my S6 edge.. Left iPhone in 2012 after the 5 and got an S4, S5 and S6 edge since then.. NEVER GOING BACK.

Would be interesting to know why you are a member of this forum.  Personally, I have no desire to join a Samsung or Android forum just to disparage the companies and/or products.

• Reply 117 of 135
    kenckenc Posts: 195member
    Quote:

Really? The iPhone 5 came out at the end of September 2012. And you left it in 2012, meaning you only had it for 2 or 3 months? And you got a Galaxy S4, but those didn't come out until April of 2013? What did you do in-between?

• Reply 118 of 135
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    kenc wrote: »

Really? The iPhone 5 came out at the end of September 2012. And you left it in 2012, meaning you only had it for 2 or 3 months? And you got a Galaxy S4, but those didn't come out until April of 2013? What did you do in-between?

Obviously he took a Sammy re-education class.
  • Reply 119 of 135
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KenC View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Obviously he took a Sammy re-education class.

I meant got the iPhone in 2012, and left in 2013 for the S4. Typo, can you relax and get your panties out of a bunch?

• Reply 120 of 135
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brucemc View Post

Would be interesting to know why you are a member of this forum.  Personally, I have no desire to join a Samsung or Android forum just to disparage the companies and/or products.

I do follow Apple product releases and do admire some of their stuff. I am a previous Apple product owner. I have nothing against the company.