Developers may not receive special Apple Watch orders early as promised

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44

I ordered per the instructions in the email that I was randomly selected in. "Apple Watch Sport that’s guaranteed to ship by April 28, 2015." seemed to me like it will ship by April 28th.  My status says Available to ship: June, and has since I ordered. I patiently waited a few days.

Today I contacted customer service and was forwarded to the developer group.  They picked up the phone right away which was great.  They promised nothing and apologized continually.  They are "looking into the issue" but when I asked if it would ship earlier than June he could not confirm.  He did say that it "was a mess" and they are doing the best they can.  I appreciated the honesty at least.

Mess indeed, what a messy rollout.  I've been on every iOS product since launch and this is the first that Apple has flat out screwed up.  It would have been better not to offer "expedited" watches and just told developers to get in line with the consumers.

• Reply 42 of 44
    gerritgerrit Posts: 29member

Despite what they made it sound like on the phone, I got a totally normal Apple Store email shipping notice with a UPS tracking number in it. So the only thing that was weird about the order was the original "expected delivery date" was way off.. now it's time to finish my app =P

• Reply 43 of 44

Almost a full week later and still no updates at all. Repeated calls to the developer support group just leads to more "we are aware of the issue". I can't believe that they cannot tell me something more concrete.

• Reply 44 of 44
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Almost a full week later and still no updates at all. Repeated calls to the developer support group just leads to more "we are aware of the issue". I can't believe that they cannot tell me something more concrete.

Apple should have just told them to go to Maxfield in LA, where ?Watches are plentiful and in stock everyday, and they would have been given special priority.