Rumor claims Apple wants to reach 100 million subscribers for Apple Music

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member

The services that currently offer free tiers may be hard-presses to continue doing so once they need to negotiate new contracts with the labels. If it's true that the labels are pressing Apple for a larger take than other services the handwriting is on the wall for what the future holds. Remember that these services are already losing money their offerings.

• Reply 22 of 27
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member

I don't understand this: "The company is simultaneously expected to improve its free iTunes Radio service with celebrity DJs,..." I can sort of understand Apple rolling out a for pay music service, but there is already a free music streaming thingy on iTunes that is apparently going to stay. What do you get for $10/mo? 

• Reply 23 of 27
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    sog35 wrote: »
    He wants to pay only $10 a month for unlimited music streaming and a TV package.

Guy is in dreamland.  

Yet he's doing all that with Amazon Prime.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    sirlance99 wrote: »
    Yet he's doing all that with Amazon Prime.
    I hadn't thought about that until just now. Yeah Apple could probably do so if it wants I guess.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    isteelersisteelers Posts: 738member
    If you could stream the entire iTunes catalog, they would have a clear winner.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    The most revolutionary feature wasn't really emphasized and no one is talking about it.

Allowing unsigned artists to upload music and manage a profile is brilliant and brings Apple closer to being a record company.

But how will this feature work? Will it be available at launch?

I tried signing up an unsigned artist to ?Music today and it didn't allow me.