Google adding fingerprint support to 'Android M' - report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    cnocbui wrote: »
    Verifone have had a solution designed to do just that since 2008.

Sorry, no. Tokenization has been around for some time, but not in the way Apple does it.

Why do people like you (trolls) always try to make a piece of technology black and white (you either have A or you don't) to imply that there's nothng new or improve with one version over the other?

Google Wallet uses tokenization, but it's inferior to Apple Pay tokenization. Android has device encryption, but it's inferior to Apples hardware encryption. Samsung has 64bit ARMv8 processors but they are inferior to Appls A7/8.

There's a few examples for you to help you understand.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    cnocbui wrote: »
    Verifone have had a solution designed to do just that since 2008.

I looked but I couldn't their token based system that required user authorization from the owners finger print, which was encrypted in a 64-bit memory system.

Living in the U.S. I'm not a worldly guy as some but I have spent some time in Europe and South America and have never seen it implemented there either.

Can you post a link to the phone that's had this technology since '08?
  • Reply 63 of 64
    pistispistis Posts: 247member
    razorpit wrote: »
    Either introducing something new or refining a feature set to work seamlessly and better than current iterations

Cloud drive as Apple's version of DropBox, not innovative. Touch ID's sensor tied in to the processor ID to create a unique encryption key and spanning it across a 64 bit memory address innovative.

Increasing screen size by .x inches not innovative. Creating a payment system where the retailer never has access to your credit card information innovative.

If increasing screen size is innovative then you could says TV manufacturers are innovative and we all know that isn't the case.

I suppose a certain appendage of the male anatomy might be considered innovative to some but I bet the female of the species would be more interested in function than the form?
  • Reply 64 of 64

I feel happy because Apple was the first to support that feature