Adobe announces next generation Creative Cloud 2015 with Adobe Stock images platform

Comments

• Reply 21 of 103
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    djsherly wrote: »

No quibble with that but it *is* full screen. Not Appley as you say but there's no other distractions. It does the job.

The thing is 'Appley' is a lot more than just looks. It is about functionality and workflow and as I mentioned Mission Control in El Capitan takes on far more importance. It is long past the time Adobe needed to get of their PC biased asses and create genuine Mac versions of all their software.
  • Reply 22 of 103
    portcityportcity Posts: 68member
    Can someone give a graphic artist or photo editors perspective on the updates to the Adobe suite?
  • Reply 23 of 103
    facetedfaceted Posts: 15member
    djsherly wrote: »

No quibble with that but it *is* full screen. Not Appley as you say but there's no other distractions. It does the job.

It barely does the job at all.
    Why should we not want better? Why don't you want it to work better?

The lack of true native OSX full screen support from one of the worlds biggest software companies is frankly lazy and unprofessional.

Adobe needs to wake up and realise that when it comes to good UI design, they know sweet FA.
  • Reply 24 of 103
    faceted wrote: »
    It barely does the job at all.
    Why should we not want better? Why don't you want it to work better?

The lack of true native OSX full screen support from one of the worlds biggest software companies is frankly lazy and unprofessional.

Adobe needs to wake up and realise that when it comes to good UI design, they know sweet FA.

Hopefully Serif Affinity products will awaken Adobe's inner Mac soul again.
  • Reply 25 of 103
    portcity wrote: »
    Can someone give a graphic artist or photo editors perspective on the updates to the Adobe suite?

You can try any of them out by joining Adobe CC. All have 30 day trials and tons of tutorials.
  • Reply 26 of 103
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Phil what's your opinion of the Serif Affinity products so far?

I have to think if they must be giving Adobe pause for thought.

http://www.serif.com

Haven't tried it, but will install the trial once I have a new VM (OS X) installed. I don't want to 'clutter' my main machine.

The feature list looks extensive, solid and promising. The Adobe compliance is simply outstanding work, the price can't be beat. Plus they have a website that is designed 'properly'. In short, looks like we have a winner. This may not work out for 'professionals' i.e. people whose income rely on design. In which case they really should be using Adobe. Though I'd expect it can both work in Unison/Promiscuous/Harmony.
  • Reply 27 of 103
    My names Joseph, im a creative director, and have been for the last 12 years. My title is recently switched to senior UX designer for a large .com. I run a department of 15 people, and aside from the creative collaboration process (invision) my whole department relies on Adobe creative cloud. Personally I rely on Adobe creative cloud. Prior to creative cloud, I used every single upgraded version of Adobe. I come and read these posts when Adobe does something new here on AI and it just baffles me...

Why? I read them and it sounds like people that don't even know what the hell they're talking about. Like they made up their mind four or six years ago and still would rather complain about the subscription model or lack of features or bugs then use the damn software.

Go try 30 day trial for free. Then come back here and tell us all about your problems.

I'm glad they are focusing on speed and improvement. Creative cloud has been great, and some of the new html tools allow us to be more creative than ever, easily relying a vision or prototype or method to development for production.

Since we spend $3k a month on stock, the whole idea of Adobe stock is welcome.

I can tell the hard work Adobe has done over the last couple years to make this platform solid. And even to this day im getting regular updates and feature enhancements or improvements. It's never hindered my workflow either. Yes, I have some requests and ideas on how they should do certain things better.. But that's a general case with everyone.

There's people over there that have worked their whole lives bringing us software we use to create our livelihood. Give them a break. Look at the accomplishments. And realize its software. It always will have its quarks.

Thanks Adobe. Can't wait to try this out. I'm sure my team will appreciate it too.
  • Reply 28 of 103
    My names Joseph, im a creative director, and have been for the last 12 years. My title is recently switched to senior UX designer for a large .com. I run a department of 15 people, and aside from the creative collaboration process (invision) my whole department relies on Adobe creative cloud. Personally I rely on Adobe creative cloud. Prior to creative cloud, I used every single upgraded version of Adobe. I come and read these posts when Adobe does something new here on AI and it just baffles me...

Why? I read them and it sounds like people that don't even know what the hell they're talking about. Like they made up their mind four or six years ago and still would rather complain about the subscription model or lack of features or bugs then use the damn software.

Go try 30 day trial for free. Then come back here and tell us all about your problems.

I'm glad they are focusing on speed and improvement. Creative cloud has been great, and some of the new html tools allow us to be more creative than ever, easily relying a vision or prototype or method to development for production.

I can tell the hard work Adobe has done over the last couple years to make this platform solid. And even to this day im getting regular updates and feature enhancements or improvements. It's never hindered my workflow either. Yes, I have some requests and ideas on how they should do certain things better.. But that's a general case with everyone.

There's people over there that have worked their whole lives bringing us software we use to create our livelihood. Give them a break. Look at the accomplishments. And realize its software. It always will have its quarks.

Thanks Adobe. Can't wait to try this out. I'm sure my team will appreciate it too.

I imagine the people complaining are the ones who have to spend more under this new model than the old model. And trust me, there are many ways to spend more in this model than the old model. I imagine the people complaining are the ones who have to spend more under this new model than the old model. And trust me, there are many ways to spend more in this model than the old model. They are also probably people who want to own their software. Why would someone want to own their software? Because one day, Adobe could decide to increase prices or release minimal updates, and all of our because one day, Adobe could decide to increase prices or release minimal updates, and we'd have no choice but to accept it because our hard work is being held hostage to their monthly fees. Which may have increased at that time, once again. So, that's why people are upset with the rental model. I hope that you, as a creative director, or excuse me senior ux designer, aren't "baffled" anymore. (I've never heard anyone use the word baffled in real life.)

I think Adobe is leaving the door open for other competitors to take their place. And I think other programs are already starting to fill the gap. If you can buy Pixelmator for like $40 as a one time fee, I'm pretty sure Adobe's pricing structure is extremely lucrative for them right now.
  • Reply 29 of 103
    I imagine the people complaining are the ones who have to spend more under this new model than the old model. And trust me, there are many ways to spend more in this model than the old model. I imagine the people complaining are the ones who have to spend more under this new model than the old model. And trust me, there are many ways to spend more in this model than the old model. They are also probably people who want to own their software. Why would someone want to own their software? Because one day, Adobe could decide to increase prices or release minimal updates, and all of our because one day, Adobe could decide to increase prices or release minimal updates, and we'd have no choice but to accept it because our hard work is being held hostage to their monthly fees. Which may have increased at that time, once again. So, that's why people are upset with the rental model. I hope that you, as a creative director, or excuse me senior ux designer, aren't "baffled" anymore. (I've never heard anyone use the word baffled in real life.)

I think Adobe is leaving the door open for other competitors to take their place. And I think other programs are already starting to fill the gap. If you can buy Pixelmator for like $40 as a one time fee, I'm pretty sure Adobe's pricing structure is extremely lucrative for them right now.

I am still baffled. You can't compare pixelmator to Adobe creative cloud in but about 1 aspect being a small solution to photoshop. I've tried it. I have it. If I tried migrating my team over to that, I would be questioned.

And if you compare subscription cost vs. a single license Adobe is still coming in way under their actuals of past software licensing fees.

I guess I can't relate. I don't just use 1 app. I use almost every app they make.
  • Reply 30 of 103
    applezillaapplezilla Posts: 941member

Years and years ago Adobe sold a series of stock photos on CD. I have a few in a box somewhere. I wonder if they are just recycling those badly outdated images. From what I know about them from employees I've known, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Reply 31 of 103
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    polymnia wrote: »
    Am I being obnoxious?

You asked if Adobe had full screen mode.

I pointed out they've had one for years.

You say I obviously don't use a Mac, and were rather snotty about it.

I guess I've been using adobe's full screen mode for years. I didn't realize there was something wrong with it.

Yes, you are being purposely obnoxious or obtuse. He's obvious he's referring to OSX's default full screen interface, that he repeated, but you want to pretend you don't get that. The question is why the hell is Adobe incapable of incorporating this standard feature into their apps, and actually make their applications feel like they belong on the mac? Cause they don't give a **** and are sloppy at writing software.
  • Reply 32 of 103
    I am still baffled. You can't compare pixelmator to Adobe creative cloud in but about 1 aspect being a small solution to photoshop. I've tried it. I have it. If I tried migrating my team over to that, I would be questioned.

And if you compare subscription cost vs. a single license Adobe is still coming in way under their actuals of past software licensing fees.

I guess I can't relate. I don't just use 1 app. I use almost every app they make.

I understand that the price of the subscription makes sense for you, I was just explaining why so many others are complaining. I personally have used multiple Adobe products every work day for around 10 years and can't replace photoshop yet. But there are many situations where it got drastically worse price wise. Imagine using 2 programs - that's $50 a month, over 3 years is $1800. That's much more than the cost of buying 2 programs on the old setup. Plus, you don't own those programs any more than you did on day one. The pricing structure makes sense for the company you work for, but do you see how it messes with others? That's why they're complaining.

But that's not what I was trying to say in the last response. I was saying that a rental model is upsetting to some because they may release smaller updates over time and can increase the cost at any time and your library of work is held hostage.
  • Reply 33 of 103
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Yes, you are being purposely obnoxious or obtuse. He's obvious he's referring to OSX's default full screen interface, that he repeated, but you want to pretend you don't get that. The question is why the hell is Adobe incapable of incorporating this standard feature into their apps, and actually make their applications feel like they belong on the mac? Cause they don't give a **** and are sloppy at writing software.

Okay, I get it now. He meant the two year old Mac full screen mode. It wasn't obvious to me, mostly because I have used the adobe full screen mode for so much longer.

So let me get this right.

Apple just created a full screen Standard interface a couple years ago.

Adobe has had one implemented going on twenty years.

If if we need to call one of them sloppy and incapable of incorporating an obviously useful feature, it looks like Apple was late to the party on this one from where I sit.

But I'm not interested in calling Apple or Adobe sloppy. As far as I'm concerned Adobe has a full screen mode. It would be swell if they figure out how to migrate their existing feature into apple's standard method, but it isn't something I'd suggest they put ahead of GPU previews or multiple art boards in Photoshop or other things that are part of this new release that I'm looking forward to using today. I'm about as upset about the non-standard full screen as I am about their proprietary tool palettes and other interface conventions, which is to say, not upset at all.
  • Reply 34 of 103
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by portcity View Post

Why are you asking peeepul their lame opinions (most of which are ridiculously slanted and stupid)? Go to Adobe.com and download free trial versions and figure it out for yourself.

• Reply 35 of 103
    facetedfaceted Posts: 15member
    polymnia wrote: »
    Okay, I get it now. He meant the two year old Mac full screen mode. It wasn't obvious to me, mostly because I have used the adobe full screen mode for so much longer.

So let me get this right.

Apple just created a full screen Standard interface a couple years ago.

Adobe has had one implemented going on twenty years.

If if we need to call one of them sloppy and incapable of incorporating an obviously useful feature, it looks like Apple was late to the party on this one from where I sit.

But I'm not interested in calling Apple or Adobe sloppy. As far as I'm concerned Adobe has a full screen mode. It would be swell if they figure out how to migrate their existing feature into apple's standard method, but it isn't something I'd suggest they put ahead of GPU previews or multiple art boards in Photoshop or other things that are part of this new release that I'm looking forward to using today. I'm about as upset about the non-standard full screen as I am about their proprietary tool palettes and other interface conventions, which is to say, not upset at all.

Adobe's full screen mode is sloppy. It's inconsistent between different applications too. You may not feel that this is a problem but as you can see from this thread there are plenty of people that do see this as a problem.
  • Reply 36 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by josephwinters View Post

We're with you, Joseph. We're happy CC subscribers, too, and we love the convenience and benefits of membership.

We use Adobe software tools every day to make our living, and have for almost thirty years.

Creative Cloud is by far the best system for our needs, and it provides the best access to Adobe's ever-improving products with its monthly payment structure.

All this anti-Adobe crap is indeed baffling. Yet, realize also that one can easily find hordes of tortured souls who are anti-JustAboutEverytingUnderTheSun.

• Reply 37 of 103
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Adobe's full screen mode is sloppy.

I think Microsoft beat Adobe on Full Screen Sloppiness. MS-DOS sucked¡
  • Reply 38 of 103
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

I understand that the price of the subscription makes sense for you, I was just explaining why so many others are complaining. I personally have used multiple Adobe products every work day for around 10 years and can't replace photoshop yet. But there are many situations where it got drastically worse price wise. Imagine using 2 programs - that's $50 a month, over 3 years is $1800. That's much more than the cost of buying 2 programs on the old setup. Plus, you don't own those programs any more than you did on day one. The pricing structure makes sense for the company you work for, but do you see how it messes with others? That's why they're complaining.

But that's not what I was trying to say in the last response. I was saying that a rental model is upsetting to some because they may release smaller updates over time and can increase the cost at any time and your library of work is held hostage.

Get over it, bud. Do you seriously think Adobe is suddenly going to start pandering to all your kind and go back to the old way?

Adobe is not alone in using a subscription business model. Though it has and will perhaps continue to lose a number of cheapskate "customers" from this, its actual paying productive customers and new ones who have no problem with the new system will continue to grow and leave you people in the dust.

• Reply 39 of 103
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    Adobe's full screen mode is sloppy. It's inconsistent between different applications too. You may not feel that this is a problem but as you can see from this thread there are plenty of people that do see this as a problem.

Sure, it's inconsistent. Without an interface guideline as they were developed, they did whatever felt right to them for each application.

If that's a problem for some, that's fine by me.

I am just pointing out, as a person who spends all day jumping between InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator, it's not something I ever considered a problem. Until last night.
  • Reply 40 of 103
    danielsw wrote: »

Get over it, bud. Do you seriously think Adobe is suddenly going to start pandering to all your kind and go back to the old way?

Adobe is not alone in using a subscription business model. Though it has and will perhaps continue to lose a number of cheapskate "customers" from this, its actual paying productive customers and new ones who have no problem with the new system will continue to grow and leave you people in the dust.

Firstly, thank you for calling me your buddy. Secondly, I don't know anyone who uses the term bud OR baffling in real life. Thirdly, onto the point..

Like I said before, I use photoshop and see how it fits many peoples workflows. I was explaining why SOME people, not myself, will find it upsetting that they can't afford it anymore because the ORIGINAL poster found it "baffling". But I'm becoming increasingly aware that they don't actually find it baffling, instead they just want to complain about people who don't like the price increases and the fact that they no longer own their software.