Apple's new iPod touch, iPod nano, & iPod shuffle: which one is right for you?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    sog35 wrote: »
    For gross margins you may be right about costs going down.

But that is not true with profit margins.  Those Nano's and shuffles are still taking up valuable shelf space in Apple stores and warehouses.  They still need warranty coverage.  You still need resources to sell those products and trouble shoot those products.  Especially if you add more functions to it.  And don't underestimate shipping costs.  May not seem like much but a $2-$5 shipping cost is HUGE when the product only sells for $50.  Basically Apple is selling these products at the lowest price possible.

Don't beleive me?  Then try find a competing MP3 of the same quality as the Nano/Shuffle that sells for significantly less.  You won't find any.
    The Nano's are a whole lot more expensive than the Shuffle's aren't they?

Anyway wouldn't the Sony Walkman NW-E's be comparable in features, even more full-featured perhaps, and quality to the Nano? Maybe they aren't as I don't use either one.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NWZE384-Walkman-Video-Player/dp/B00ECRPOKS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1437138580&sr=1-1&keywords=Sony+walkman+NW-E
  • Reply 22 of 24
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    sog35 wrote: »
    That Sony looks UGLY as sin.  Probably made out of plastic unlike the Nano.  Those headphones suck.  It is not easily integrated with your music library. The Nano has a much bigger high quality multi-touch screen and much more beautiful appearnce.

Plus if I'm having problems can I take it into a Sony store to get help?  Hell no.

Quality is no where near as good as the Nano.  It would probably die in a couple years while the Nano will last a decade.
    So you don't really know either then. No biggie.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

What other device does the Nano sync with?