At 97%, Apple Watch customer satisfaction outpaces original iPhone, iPad - report

Comments

• Reply 21 of 83
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Just like anything else on the Internet the negative crowd tends to post negative things while those who are satisfied or at least not upset do not tend to post. So we get this skewed view of reality, whether it’s customer satisfaction or software bugs.

And I think tomorrow’s Q3 report will stun those those trolls regarding the Apple Watch. 

I see the Apple Watch as the first viable paradigm shift to wearables. Sir Jony said it is the most personal product Apple has made. Dick Tracy successfully planted the concept of wearables many decades ago in a science fiction context. Now Apple has made it happen in reality.

Apple's Newton was an intriguing concept, but too far ahead of its time.

Notifications, reminders, and "glances" are its main functions, all of which obviate the need to haul out one's smartphone. It forms an "information bridge" between smartphones and the person. The person can decide whether or not to respond to various inputs, often while not interrupting activities underway at the time.

Like other Apple products, the Watch puts people more in control of technology and information flow, all while making that technology further "disappear."

My Apple watch lets me filter my information to more of what I want and less of what I don't want, all with ease and convenience.

Chronic detractors, as the tortured beings they are, will continue to resist and hate change as it is perceived as attacks on their tenuous grasp on existence, but the Rest of Us will simply enjoy the new Apple "fruits."

• Reply 22 of 83
    schlackschlack Posts: 724member
    seems extraordinarily high...makes one wonder about the study's methodology.

don't hate...the watch is awesome...it just seems statistically hard to imagine that level of satisfaction as being reported.
  • Reply 23 of 83
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Hmm...I see Phil Schiller just re-tweeted this survey data. :)
  • Reply 24 of 83
    schlack wrote: »
    seems extraordinarily high...makes one wonder about the study's methodology.

don't hate...the watch is awesome...it just seems statistically hard to imagine that level of satisfaction as being reported.

Well one of Apple's recent iPhone adds claims a 99% satisfaction rate. ;)
  • Reply 25 of 83
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

Count me as one of the 97% who are happy with the watch. After I ordered one, I kept questioning myself about the purchase. I had doubts if I would even like the watch. Now after about of month of ownership, I couldn't be more happier. The Apple Watch is an excellent product. I can't wait until the new update comes out this fall with native apps. 

• Reply 26 of 83
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Apple stock was recently close to 120 and now as of this morning it's almost 132. Smells like a run up prior to earnings so it can have a big sell off on Wednesday,

As with any 'even't in the Apple calendar. It never seems to fail.
  • Reply 27 of 83
    But, but, but, wait....this can't be. I've been programmed by all the Apple haters to believe that the AppleWatch was a complete and utter failure.
    Tim cook should be fired, they said.
    Apple can no longer innovate, they said.
    This is the beginning of the end for Apple, they said.
    Steve Jobs would be rolling in his grave, they said.
    Meh, was used a few hundred times to describe the experience.

Where are the Apple haters now? Front and center I say....let's see the egg on your faces!
  • Reply 28 of 83
    But, but, but, wait....this can't be. I've been programmed by all the Apple haters to believe that the AppleWatch was a complete and utter failure.
    Tim cook should be fired, they said.
    Apple can no longer innovate, they said.
    This is the beginning of the end for Apple, they said.
    Steve Jobs would be rolling in his grave, they said.
    Meh, was used a few hundred times to describe the experience.

Where are the Apple haters now? Front and center I say....let's see the egg on your faces!

Posting bullshit and lies on MR:
    I've seen many glaring issues reported, from erratic heart beat tracking to freezing apps to incredibly slow third-party apps, as well as terribly basic fitness tracking.

The common knowledge seems to be that if you are a serious athlete, you need a different wearable.

Weasel words like citing "common knowledge."
  • Reply 29 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Interestingly, Wristly says that its analysis indicated a gulf in perceived value between owners of the stainless steel Watch and the sport version, with stainless steel owners generally believing the device to be a better value.

My guess is because many people who bought the stainless steel Apple Watch were used to paying much more for a watch(Rolex, Tag Heuer, Movado).

Many people who bought the sport watch were probably used to paying much less for a watch(timex, fossil).

• Reply 30 of 83
    paulmjohnsonpaulmjohnson Posts: 1,380member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

what version of the Watch did you buy?

why did you return it? short on cash?  Do you have photos of your watch?  How can we be sure you are not a troll?

Why should he have to prove himself to you?  You can either chose to believe him or not.

I didn't return my Apple Watch, but I did sell it on eBay after owning it for four weeks, because I never found a situation that it looked right with the clothes I was wearing (or at least, one of my other watches always looked more suitable).

You need to realize that having an opinion contrary to "everything Apple does is the best thing ever" doesn't mean you are a "troll", or a "Fandroid", or a "hater", it can just mean that you are more of an individual than a lot of people here.

• Reply 31 of 83
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

I don’t like to be a naysayer but I have a question.

Apple no longer requests me to rate either my purchases or my trips to the AppleStore. About two years ago I had real problems with my Mac mini and out of frustration I did not give a perfect score for my experience. I may have been a tad negative but the problems were persistent and no help seemed to fix my problem. I may also have complained about my experience with changes to iTunes.

That was about two years ago and since then I have not been sent an assessment to fill out on my experiences or purchases. Not once yet I have bought an iPad mini, iPt and have been in to support guys on a number of occasions.

Last week I just had a lot of great help with my Mac mini which was acting up and now it is working well. I had a double appointment to help with some connexion probs I was having between my mini and my two iPads and iPt.

So far, no questionnaire has come for me to fill out.

When I mentioned this to the Apple Genius he said the forms were sent randomly. I don’t believe this. If so why was Apple persistent before and now seems to ignore me for rating opinions. The forms are computer read which should not be a time consuming task and wouldn’t questionnaires sent to all who purchase or seek assistance give Apple, and the public, the most honest assessment?

Namaste and care,

mhikl

• Reply 32 of 83
    sog35 wrote: »
    You and Phil should rent a room and hash out your differences.  

Seems like you are obsessed about him.

Nah, it showed up in my Twitter feed. :)
  • Reply 33 of 83
    sog35 wrote: »
    Don't worry the Apple haters will think of another excuse.

When Apple blows out expectations on Watch sales they will say the Watch is such a small percentage of Apple sales that it does not matter.  True Losers they are.

We'll never know b/c Apple won't provide sales data. And later this year they'll have the new ?TV to further obfuscate Watch data.
  • Reply 34 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mhikl View Post

I don’t like to be a naysayer but I have a question.

Apple no longer requests me to rate either my purchases or my trips to the AppleStore. About two years ago I had real problems with my Mac mini and out of frustration I did not give a perfect score for my experience. I may have been a tad negative but the problems were persistent and no help seemed to fix my problem. I may also have complained about my experience with changes to iTunes.

That was about two years ago and since then I have not been sent an assessment to fill out on my experiences or purchases. Not once yet I have bought an iPad mini, iPt and have been in to support guys on a number of occasions.

Last week I just had a lot of great help with my Mac mini which was acting up and now it is working well. I had a double appointment to help with some connexion probs I was having between my mini and my two iPads and iPt.

So far, no questionnaire has come for me to fill out.

When I mentioned this to the Apple Genius he said the forms were sent randomly. I don’t believe this. If so why was Apple persistent before and now seems to ignore me for rating opinions. The forms are computer read which should not be a time consuming task and wouldn’t questionnaires sent to all who purchase or seek assistance give Apple, and the public, the most honest assessment?

Namaste and care,

mhikl

I don't think I've ever had a survey from Apple to be honest.

Would have quite liked to be able to provide feedback on my Genius Bar appointment a couple of weeks ago - it was a dreadful experience.

• Reply 35 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

My only real complaints are that it asks for the passcode too often and it is nearly impossible to read the screen in direct sunlight. I have the 42 SS Milanese.

This is enough to make you only 'somewhat satisfied'?! Wow. I wonder what it would take to make you satisfied...

How would you change the passcode ask? Any suggestions, or just complaints? (Btw, if you choose not to use ApplePay, it is not an issue, as you probably know). How is the screen in the sun any worse than that on the iPhone?

• Reply 36 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Would have quite liked to be able to provide feedback on my Genius Bar appointment a couple of weeks ago - it was a dreadful experience.

Weird. I get surveyed all the time. Usually, takes no more than a couple of minutes.

Survey or no survey, you could still complain to Apple about your Genius Bar appointment via their customer service number or email, no?

• Reply 37 of 83
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

This is enough to make you only 'somewhat satisfied'?! Wow. I wonder what it would take to make you satisfied...

How would you change the passcode ask? Any suggestions, or just complaints? (Btw, if you choose not to use ApplePay, it is not an issue, as you probably know). How is the screen in the sun any worse than that on the iPhone?

If the only choices were,"somewhat" and "very satisfied/delighted", I would go with "somewhat". I don't know why the screen on the watch is much darker in the sun than my iPhone. Could be sapphire. I'm guessing the Milanese loop is a little more flexible and less grippy than the rubber sports band so when the watch slides around a bit, it loses contact with my wrist requiring re-entering of passcode. Sure, I could make the band much tighter, but that can be uncomfortable.

In terms of what would make me more satisfied: I hope Watch OS 2 will iron out a few things and offer better functionality. Right now I rate it a "Just Ok". I find the UI a little clunky.

I'm not sure what your Apple Pay reference is about. Once you lose connection to your wrist you can only access the clock face without entering your pass code.

• Reply 38 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Weird. I get surveyed all the time. Usually, takes no more than a couple of minutes.

Survey or no survey, you could still complain to Apple about your Genius Bar appointment via their customer service number or email, no?

Yeah I could, but that's not in my nature.  I'll just stop using the Genius Bar, having already stopped using the Apple Stores to buy things.  Obviously I'm in the minority, since Apple continually report Apple Stores going gangbusters, but the experience in them has been getting worse and worse over time.  They are always far too busy, staff tend to congregate talking to each other and make me feel like I'm intruding when I ask them for help.  I just can't be bothered with that.

The problem with the Genius Bar is I made an appointment, showed up at the right time (this was to have the screen replaced on an iPhone after I dropped it), only to be told it would take them 4 hours to replace it.  The problem is I could have gone to a non-Apple place and they'd have replaced it on the spot.  As it was, I couldn't be bothered with that and just bought a replacement phone off the Genius Bar guy.

Obviously it's my impatience there, but it's hard to see why when you make an appointment (and they are hard to come by at my local Apple Store), that it's still going to take ages to get anything done.

• Reply 39 of 83
    geekmeegeekmee Posts: 646member
    Sounds like a flop to me... /s
  • Reply 40 of 83
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member

I have a gut feeling your proclaimed individualism gets in the way of you having any kind of decent experience, whether with Apple devices, in it's stores... or socially whatsoever. You might look up "Attitude Adjustment Therapy" for some help on that.