More than 80% of mobile podcast listeners use Apple's iOS devices

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    shen wrote: »
    Is there an (android) app for that?

Yep, Sammy uses it as their inventory and shipping returns sales system.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    applezillaapplezilla Posts: 941member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PotatoLeekSoup View Post

Anyone here use Overcast as their podcast player? Heard good things about it, though I'm plenty happy with Apple's player.

I like it for one advantage over the Apple Podcast App: You can skip up to 60 seconds and pretty much eliminate in-app commercials. You can only FF 15 seconds at a time in the Apple app.

You can pay to unlock some premium features that are marginal at best. I didn't bother.

It's a good Free replacement for the Apple app.

• Reply 23 of 26
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Personally my favorite Podcast app is Pocket Casts, feature rich, nice looking and is very easy to find Podcasts. Also love the download feature. I've used Downcast and though it had most of the features I was looking for I didn't really care for the UI. Pocket Casts just looks great on all of my devicves, iPad, Nexus 9 and BlackBerry Passport.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    cali wrote: »
    I find it funny and sad when there's a Podcast available on droid.

Like those iApps on droid named iFunny etc.

Why is it funny, most of the popular Podcast players are available on Android. It's not like Podcasts are something special, you can even play them directly from the sites that created them negating the need for a player all together.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    Waiting for the inevitable defensive post by what's his name. That guy. You know the one. Something about how this statistic must be wrong because there are 1000 trillion more android devices out there.
    unless I'm reading the article wrong. Isn't it just using stats from Apple devices?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    msqueen wrote: »
    I want to give Overcast a second try but I'm an avid video podcast watcher and Marco says he has no plans integrating video. I currently use Instacast but since they've discontinued, I need a new cross-platform podcast client to migrate to.

Give Pocket Casts a try.