Adobe..why are they struggling?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Why are they sucking so bad financially?

They've made a huge push to X86 and Indesign is getting good review finally. What's the deal. Is it piracy or just a lack of new blood coming into the fold?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    blablablabla Posts: 185member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>Why are they sucking so bad financially?

They've made a huge push to X86 and Indesign is getting good review finally. What's the deal. Is it piracy or just a lack of new blood coming into the fold?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, they are still making a profit this Q, and Apple is going to report numbers in red..
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by blabla:

<strong>

Well, they are still making a profit this Q, and Apple is going to report numbers in red..</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes but Apple has been making plenty of Acquisitions. Adobe recently shipped Photoshop 7 and it sounds like it's not the must have update that Photoshop users are looking for.

I'm glad Apple has Final Cut Pro...personally I haven't been too impressed with Adobe apps lately. I hope they do well though because eventually I'll buy one of their bundles.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    As I learned from the other thread, it is becuase of all you guys pirating PhotoShop! :cool:
  • Reply 4 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    klinux, heh, that's not even funny because it's probably true. It's easier than ever to pirate large pieces of software now. Combine it with the tech sector's death spiral and software makers are seeing red.