Customer receives rose gold iPhone 6s days before launch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48
    tmay you are correct, but it seems there was a previous test that scored 2413 on a single core, if you look at the pictures shared by her. We will have to wait for more thorough testing to confirm everything.
  • Reply 22 of 48
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    foggyhill wrote: »
    That's more than a "nice bump", that's laptop speed, current laptop speed, in a phone! The A9X will be a ridiculous speed for such a compact device. This is higher than expected for the Iphone.

Wow... that is NOT how to read benchmarks.

On the Mac page:
    Geekbench 3 scores are calculated against a baseline score of 2500. This baseline score represents the performance of an Intel Core i5-2520M @ 2.50 GHz.

The i5-2520M is a 4 year old laptop part. It's performance is in the same neighborhood as a 7 year old desktop CPU. That 2500 score is against a SINGLE CORE.

If you scale the A9's CPU performance it's right where it should be given the die shrink.
  • Reply 23 of 48

Even the bump is nice Apple claims 90% increase in performance but this shows about 50%. Of course claims are vague as this firs benchmarks is.

• Reply 24 of 48
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,523member

What a pretty pink phone. 

• Reply 25 of 48
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    frantisek wrote: »
    Even the bump is nice Apple claims 90% increase in performance but this shows about 50%. Of course claims are vague as this firs benchmarks is.

Where does Apple claim that?
  • Reply 26 of 48
    Once the review embargo gets lifted tonight, more performance details will be unveiled. Looking forward to read chip teardown by anandtech.
  • Reply 27 of 48
    So rose gold looks copper?

Yup. That's why I've been calling the one I ordered "my copper iPhone" from Day 0. :D
  • Reply 28 of 48
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,953member

Hope the NSA didn't get a hold of them first...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

Pretty good? That's on par with the rMB.  The iPad Pro is going to be a performance beast.

Intel must be crapping in their hermetically sealed bee suits. I guess their only consolation is that Apple will never provide A-series chips to other manufacturers, but that's not saying much. 

• Reply 29 of 48
    mubaili wrote: »
    Once the review embargo gets lifted tonight, more performance details will be unveiled. Looking forward to read chip teardown by anandtech.

And the subsequent bashing by trolls in the comment section.

Such a shame to write an in-depth article discussing technology only to have a legion of idiots respond and destroy the ability to have a civil discussion. Same thing happens at Toms and site owners don't seem to want to do anything about it.
  • Reply 30 of 48
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

There is no good reason for Apple to be holding back deliveries. This is not like previously launches. Extra week of lead time. iOS 9 is already released. Etc. I'm sure at this point the only motive is to prevent scalping, but such would be foolish with only days til general availability.

A lot of 6s are sitting at the nearest UPS facility already. They should just let them fly. Especially on the East Coast where they are expecting shipping delays due to the looney tunes that are going to cause traffic nightmares over the pagan leader of worldwide child molesters.

• Reply 31 of 48
    they claimed 70% increase in performance for the iPhone 6s, not 90%
  • Reply 32 of 48
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ppietra View Post

they claimed 70% increase in performance for the iPhone 6s, not 90%

70% CPU.

90% GPU.

• Reply 33 of 48
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Where does Apple claim that?

From Apple...

iPad Pro

"At the heart of iPad Pro lies the new A9X, our third?generation chip with 64?bit desktop?class architecture. It delivers up to 1.8 times the CPU performance and double the graphics performance of iPad Air 2."

iPhone 6s and 6s+

"iPhone 6s is powered by the custom-designed 64-bit A9 chip. It delivers performance once found only in desktop computers. You’ll experience up to 70 percent faster CPU performance, and up to 90 percent faster GPU performance for all your favorite graphics-intensive games and apps."

• Reply 34 of 48
    heliahelia Posts: 170member
    You’ll experience ""up to"" 70 percent faster CPU performance, and ""up to"" 90 percent faster GPU performance for all your favorite graphics-intensive games and apps
  • Reply 35 of 48
    The rose gold makes the antenna lines even more of an eyesore. But hey they'll be covered by a case, right?
  • Reply 36 of 48
    canukstorm wrote: »
    still looks like pink. And I'm not trying to downplay the color.  It does look nice.

I'm guessing a solid over-the-top sell rate of every single one that Apple can manufacture through January.

This color addition is HUGE to the bottom line, because it will even pull in the 6 digit thousands from 6 and 6+ users upgrading not because they really need to... but because they want the "next big fashion statement". Girl-Ga-Ga stuff here... and a few guys as well.
  • Reply 37 of 48
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,953member
    hentaiboy wrote: »
    The rose gold makes the antenna lines even more of an eyesore. But hey they'll be covered by a case, right?

It really is pretty bad. I almost wonder if the gray would have been a better choice for the rose gold model.
  • Reply 38 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

70% CPU.

90% GPU.

geekbench only measures CPU performance and memory performance
  • Reply 39 of 48

I've been using my iPhone 6 without screen protector for several months and the screen is still scratch-free (although the back has a scratch). From what I understand, the 6S/6S+ screen is even more scratch-resistant. My Apple Watch Sport screen is also scratch-free. The glass is very durable nowadays!

• Reply 40 of 48
    Performance of the A9 is awesome. My laptop with i5-4200U scored single core 2540 and multi core 4770.