Apple's enterprise business made $25B in past 12 months, Tim Cook says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,730member
    milkmage wrote: »

85% hardware. ipads for schools, phones for corps.

my company (300k employees) does not offer Android as a BYOD option for BBerry... 

Apple doesn't really have services, per se.. not Enterprise level stuff anyway.. what else could it be?

Schools are considered enterprise?
  • Reply 22 of 26
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,254member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Not according to Fortune tonight. That $25 billion is just a fraction of Apple's $200 billion in revenue. Oh well.

That's the funny thing about numbers. $25B should get everyone excited. 12.5% of $200B should get everyone excited as well but those crack-heads at Fortune just can't get enough. Show me another computer company that sells $25B in one year. Microsoft doesn't sell any hardware to the government, they only charge them for software and maintenance licenses. Very few Android devices are allowed on government networks, especially those dealing with sensitive and classified data. Linux devices are usually licensed through RedHat with hardware coming from a variety of low-bid recycled plastic companies (Dell) and a company that doesn't know what their business is (HP). The big computer expenditures are for supercomputers, which dwarf the expenditures for desktop support services. Yes, the US government is huge but $25B is still a large amount for it to spend on Apple products in one year. As for anything Fortune says, who cares. They're just trying to make themselves relevant.

disclaimer: In my 30+ years working for the government, I was directly responsible for the purchase of a few million dollars worth of Apple purchases and that was only one department's worth purchases.

• Reply 23 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,730member
    cali wrote: »
    Yeah I read about this. I used Tim wants to go in hard into enterprise.

Apparently MS and IBM wanna help Apple here too.

IBM and Cisco I get being keen to work with Apple. MS not so much. Other than Office on a Mac or iPad what is left for MS? Their hardware is being pushed out so there goes the licensing income from Windows and bespoke IMB software will probably eat into much of Office's territory. I hope Apple bring out a pro version of Pages, Numbers etc. to further erode Office.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    milkmage wrote: »

85% hardware. ipads for schools, phones for corps.

my company (300k employees) does not offer Android as a BYOD option for BBerry... 

Apple doesn't really have services, per se.. not Enterprise level stuff anyway.. what else could it be?

Did you not know about the joint venture with IBM?

http://www.apple.com/business/mobile-enterprise-apps/
  • Reply 25 of 26

Makes you wonder if Enterprise customer's love the 16GB iPhones because it prevents their employees with loading it with too much personal crap....

• Reply 26 of 26
    Bring back the xserve!!!