Rumor pegs Nov. 11 launch date for Apple's iPad Pro & accessories

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    danvm wrote: »

I disagree.  The technology behind the Surface Pro is amazing, specially when you consider the weight, pen, screen quality and size.  I tried it my self and feels extremely nice, the keyboard is very good (I consider it better than the Macbook keyboard) and the screen is great.  I tried it in my lap with no issues.  Plus MS Office Mobile and PDF Drawboard are great applications, which I think will be a very nice addition to my workflow.  Looking forward to purchase one in the future.

iPad sales aren't neither good.  IMO, sales is not a factor that defines the quality of a device. 

I can say the iPad Pro is broken too, since isn't as capable as the Surface Pro, but that wouldn't make sense.  Both devices have a place for personal and business use. 

The SP is from MS, so it must be crap. And if it isn't right away it will be because something craps out later or a software update will loop indefinitely.
    You cannot trust MS, look at the harassment campaign to get W7 (8 whatever) users to W10 to get 'great adoption numbers', and a lot of users having to downgrade (or is it upgrade) to W7 again after getting stuck in an endless upgrade loop.
    They haven't changed at all.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    atlapple wrote: »
    Putting the iPad Pro in the same league at the Surface Book or the Surface Pro 4 is like saying it's in the same league as the Macbook Pro. It isn't and as long as the iPad runs the very limited iOS and very limited hardware specs then it will never be int he same league. 

The reality, this is an iPad Plus not a Pro. Anything with 32GB of storage and a max of 4GB of ram and a max 128GB of storage is anything but "Pro".

The Surface Pro 4 can be configured with a core i7, dedicated GPU, 1TB of storage and 16GB of ram. The iPad Pro should have started with 128GB of storage. 

I bet the SP configured thusly will burn a hole in it.
    The A9X is a beast and has desktop class performance. It runs circles around my 3 GHz core two duo iMac and that's still a very useful desktop computer.
    A big difference between iOS9 and a desktop OS is its efficient use of resources, another is that one app can use almost all of the resources because only one app runs at the time.
    So I shouldn't run more than 3 apps at the same time on my12GB iMac, otherwise the iPad Pro is better!
  • Reply 43 of 48
    nceencee Posts: 857member

Not sure how many have said it so far, but watch sales of the iPad Pro go thru the freakin roof!

11/04/2015 … for those who want to know when this was said

• Reply 44 of 48

Don't be surprised when this thing sells like crazy, like a lot like crazy, a ton, boat loads of them. I'd go as far as to say, one of the hottest selling items from  Apple in the past few years … way more then the iWatch!

Skip

• Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Don't be surprised when this thing sells like crazy, like a lot like crazy, a ton, boat loads of them. I'd go as far as to say, one of the hottest selling items from  Apple in the past few years … way more then the iWatch!

Skip

It will do very well among a number of segments - especially creative types.  I was listening to "MacBreak Weekly" and all three said they would go out and buy one on release date (at least 4 in total).  Admittedly 2 of 3 would have been the "norm" for any interesting Mac Product, but all 3 are creative types - 2 having played with it... and all are very excited about the pencil technology (and already been able to play around with it) - with no interest really in the keyboard....  they said it is very good - low latency....  amazingly great for the first product released.... better than the Surface Pro (which the third person has owned).  The company most likely to be hurt by the iPad Pro is Wacom.

• Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bkkcanuck View Post

It will do very well among a number of segments - especially creative types.  I was listening to "MacBreak Weekly" and all three said they would go out and buy one on release date (at least 4 in total).  Admittedly 2 of 3 would have been the "norm" for any interesting Mac Product, but all 3 are creative types - 2 having played with it... and all are very excited about the pencil technology (and already been able to play around with it) - with no interest really in the keyboard....  they said it is very good - low latency....  amazingly great for the first product released.... better than the Surface Pro (which the third person has owned).  The company most likely to be hurt by the iPad Pro is Wacom.

"better than the Surface Pro"

Which version of the Surface Pro? From my understanding, the stylus capability on the SP4 is definitely improved.

• Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

"better than the Surface Pro"

Which version of the Surface Pro? From my understanding, the stylus capability on the SP4 is definitely improved.

Better than the Surface Pro 4.... direct comparison.  Surface Pro is no slouch but it is still slightly more laggy/higher latency.... and simulation of shading (i.e. where you turn the pencil on an angle and it simulates what a pencil would normally do).  

• Reply 48 of 48

Maybe, but not to much. I say this because I use my Wacom to do tracing and turn simple artwork into a vector file, the iPad Pro won't likely do this in the beginning, so from that stand point, I will continue to use my Wacom. It has hurt my use of my Wacom is a great little software program called  VectorMagic.