Free Hosting Advice?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, I'm looking for a free web hosting provider for our family site (we already have a domain registered), but have no clue as to who is reliable.Â* I don't mind banner ads, but is there any way of choosing a hosting provider based upon the type of ad?Â* If a host requires ads, I would prefer to see ads for companies and products that we support.Â* I am even wondering if there are any charities that offer free hosting with placement of their banners.

If anyone can throw any specific ideas my way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    [quote]Originally posted by macosxmommy:

<strong>Hi, I'm looking for a free web hosting provider for our family site (we already have a domain registered), but have no clue as to who is reliable.Â* I don't mind banner ads, but is there any way of choosing a hosting provider based upon the type of ad?Â* If a host requires ads, I would prefer to see ads for companies and products that we support.Â* I am even wondering if there are any charities that offer free hosting with placement of their banners.

If anyone can throw any specific ideas my way, I would greatly appreciate it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Seems to me I saw someone post a site named <a href="http://www.doteasy.com/index.cfm?A=macview"; target="_blank">Dot Easy</a> which gives you 20megs, and no popup adds.

Havent tried it out myself, but it might be something to look into