Woohoo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am writing this from my new ibook. I have no clue what I am doing, as is shown by the last 3hrs I have spent finally getting my Airport network working.

Apple...if you are listening!! Please, PLEASE make the help menu's default to not use internet!!! Otherwise it takes forever to use help when trying to figure out how to use stuffs.

Otherwise, I am happy. Am going to play around some more....see if I can figure out more.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Ah, the blissful ignorance of cable...

Using Rendezvous to network over airport or any of that stuff? The most I've ever done is hook up a couple of neighboring machines via ethernet.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Which iBook did you get? I still want to get airport for my iBook but I am going to go and buy a Linksys basestation to save a few bucks.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by BrianMacOS:

<strong>Which iBook did you get? I still want to get airport for my iBook but I am going to go and buy a Linksys basestation to save a few bucks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

iBook 700, 256 ram, combo drive, 14"screen, etc. I am so thoroughly lost on this OS, its insane. Have no clue what I am doing. Like I will load a program, but cant find how to make it work. Am used to having shortcuts on the desktop! I'll see it loads to desktop, but it dissapears when I reset the machine! Confusing!! Also, am used to right clicking to get info on a program.

This is going to take awhile....
  • Reply 4 of 4
    You will get used to it really fast by the end of my first night of owning my new Mac I had it down pretty well. I still have a lot I can learn but I can manage very well in a MacOS now. Once you learn the Apple style you will be able to fly though stuff. I went from using Windows for 10 years (since Windows 3.0 to XP) and I figured it out rather quick.

Have fun with it. 4 months later I still enjoy my Mac like I just got it yesterday.

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: BrianMacOS ]</p>