Apple promises fix for iPhone 6s, 6s Plus not displaying accurate battery data

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    My friend has this issue on his 6
  • Reply 22 of 26
    roxsocks said:
    I literally was just at the Apple Store for this exact issue last night. They had no idea what I was talking about with the percentage. My iPhone 6 shuts off around 20% power. I kid you not walked by a random person discussing the exact same issue with his wife outside the doors of the store at the mall. He looked like he was from east Europe. I travel frequently from Hawaii to California.

I'm kinda shocked this article was just posted, and it's an odd coincidence. Perhaps this issue is common among the iPhone 6 also?
    Is yours a near launch model or a launch model? I suspect there's going to be a replacement program announced soon like with the iPhone 5 batteries. I think Apple got a defective batch of batteries. 

Say what? Please explain how a bad battery (hardware) would change its behavior when something like adjusting the time is done (software).
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Is yours a near launch model or a launch model? I suspect there's going to be a replacement program announced soon like with the iPhone 5 batteries. I think Apple got a defective batch of batteries. 

Say what? Please explain how a bad battery (hardware) would change its behavior when something like adjusting the time is done (software).
    We're talking about the iPhone 6, not the 6s. Context is important. 
  • Reply 24 of 26

We're talking about the iPhone 6, not the 6s. Context is important. 

We're also talking about a software issue, not a battery issue. The iPhone 6 is out well over a year now, and there's been nothing to indicate it has any issues like the iPhone 5 had (not on the same scale - there's ALWAYS someone with some type of battery issue).

Your assumption that we're going to see another battery recall is completely unfounded. 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Here are my encounters:

- 18% battery remaining and next moment spinning shutting down icon..
    - Battery showing at 8%, being plugged to wall charger, and next moment it jumps to 18% ..
    - Battery at fully charged or 100%. Then internet related usage. Takes some while before it drops to 99%, then next moment it falls really fast 98%, 95%, 90%. (Usage pattern don't change much)
  • Reply 26 of 26
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    starwars said:
    Here are my encounters:

- 18% battery remaining and next moment spinning shutting down icon..
    - Battery showing at 8%, being plugged to wall charger, and next moment it jumps to 18% ..
    - Battery at fully charged or 100%. Then internet related usage. Takes some while before it drops to 99%, then next moment it falls really fast 98%, 95%, 90%. (Usage pattern don't change much)
    This has happened on every phone I've ever seen for the last 5 years (no matter the brand).
    That's not really what they're talking about here.
    Judging where the battery is done indirectly most of the time, except when you charge it to 100% and get it to 0%, this sort of calibrates the readings. But, with time they can drift.

Old batteries have a tendency to get those kind of jumps in battery %.
    argonaut