'iPhone 7' to return to flat back without visible antenna bands - report

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    KBuffett said:
    I want a BLACK iPhone. Not this Space Grey crap.
    I second that. I hope they have a black iPhone 7. I still have my iPhone 5. It looks so nice in black. 
    cornchip
  • Reply 22 of 52
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,341member
    idrey said:
    KBuffett said:
    I second that. I hope they have a black iPhone 7. I still have my iPhone 5. It looks so nice in black. 
    If they can't do black black then a really nice rich dark brown.

Although if they follow trend the colours will be:-
    White Gold, Gold, Rose Gold and Space (slightly) Grey.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    idrey said:
    KBuffett said:
    An all Black phone would be great but I also want a Product red with a black face. 
    Hope they don't stick to the 6 'look" I hate the 6 series looks. The 4 and 5 series had superior looks and feel. 6 looks boring and cheap. 
    If they are going to charge luxury prices, it needs to look and feel like a luxury item. 
    mattinoz
  • Reply 24 of 52
    carthusia said:
    cnocbui said:
    Liquidmetal is a  permanent rumour - you can disregard any rumour that suggest Apple are going to use it for something.
    They've already used it for something-a SIM ejector tool in a previous iPhone. We don't know when or how it might be used in a more meaningful way.
    Someone brings this this up every time. That SIM-ejector is just about the only thing it has been used for, afaik.

Not sure why we need something as fancy as liquidmetal for what my paperclip does quite well..... And I say this as an eternally helpful LQMT shareholder.... :-(

cornchip
  • Reply 25 of 52
    mattinoz said:
    Seeing as most people cover their phone with a case, not really a concern.
    Only since the 6 have most people covered their phones.
    The 5 was very serviceable naked phone but even the most dedicated iPhone nudists have covered up with the 6 thanks to it's middle age spread.
    I covered my 5S. Why wouldn't a person do this if they've ever dropped anything they have to carry? Think of it as potentially losing $700 every time you drop it.
    pscooter63
  • Reply 26 of 52
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,303member
    I need more; much more from Apple for iPhone 7 or I'll stick with my 6s.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    bluefire1 said:
    Like? Please give us a list of (realistic) features that Apple could implement, in which you would define it as "much, much more". 
  • Reply 28 of 52
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,711member
    mattinoz said:
    idrey said:

so you want a Zune colored iPhone?
    cornchippscooter63
  • Reply 29 of 52
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    slurpy said:
    bluefire1 said:
    Like? Please give us a list of (realistic) features that Apple could implement, in which you would define it as "much, much more". 
    Well, if you own a 6s, of course you;d probably need a lot more than what you just bought to upgrade the next year, as would most people not made of money.
    For people who bought before that though, 6, 5s, the threshold is lower.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    You can certainly count on iPhone 7 looking noticeably different from iPhone 6. There is this entire subset of users have no ability to see anything new about an iPhone unless the outside casing physically changes.

Personally I wish this madness would stop. iPhone 6 is the right design. Accessory manufacturers have demonstrated inability to release any serious hardware for any iPhone model, due to the constant 2 year cycle of physical change.
    cornchip
  • Reply 31 of 52
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    This year I will upgrade my iPhone. The question is if I will get a 6S + case (that protruding lense...) or a more expensive 7. Until now, I see no reason to spend the extra 100€...
    Thanks to Apple iPhone Upgrade Program I will be upgrading my iPhone every year :smiley: 
    cornchipthepixeldoc
  • Reply 32 of 52
    mattinoz said:

so you want a Zune colored iPhone?
    No. I qualified brown with nice, rich and dark for a reason.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    slurpy said:
    bluefire1 said:
    C'mon Slurpy, this one is easy. Apple only needs to do the following to make iPhone 7 a hit with the naysayers:
    1. It runs Android
    2. It has elite specs
    3. It is sold at prices so low, Apple loses money on each unit

Boom. Every hater will love iPhone: Camera bump? Forgiven. Antenna bands? So what? Bendgate? You'll never hear about it.
     ;) 
    nolamacguy
  • Reply 34 of 52
    mattinoz said:
    The 5 was very serviceable naked phone but even the most dedicated iPhone nudists have covered up with the 6 thanks to it's middle age spread.
    I covered my 5S. Why wouldn't a person do this if they've ever dropped anything they have to carry? Think of it as potentially losing $700 every time you drop it.
    The 5 didn't have to be carried as it was pocket-able.
    It didn't catch on pockets and jump out of your hand. It could be used either way.
    The 6 was a larger phone and then pretty much demands that it has a case on top of that.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    So, the next iPhone will look like an iPhone made by someone with taste instead of an android phone?

• Reply 36 of 52
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Even if they cant get rid of the band and had to put it up on the side, ( Which actually looks much better, I wonder why the 6 design isn't like that to start with )  at least make it the same colour as the body instead of white.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    slurpy said:
    C'mon Slurpy, this one is easy. Apple only needs to do the following to make iPhone 7 a hit with the naysayers:
    1. It runs Android
    2. It has elite specs
    3. It is sold at prices so low, Apple loses money on each unit

Boom. Every hater will love iPhone: Camera bump? Forgiven. Antenna bands? So what? Bendgate? You'll never hear about it.
     ;) 
    #3 is a surefire hit with any Apple hater. 
  • Reply 38 of 52
    Mr_GreyMr_Grey Posts: 118member
    mattinoz said:
    Just to give a different point of view ... some people just don't drop their phones.  The majority of phone dropping happens when drunk and between the ages of 20 and 30.  

I've had almost every iPhone and over the period I had them (a year) I dropped them maybe 0.5 times and all that's ever happened is a tiny ding on one and a tiny scratch on another.  This is because iPhones are actually not "delicate" at all.  

The iPhone 6s in particular is a tough monster.  You can drop that thing multiple times and it won't even scratch a lot of the time.  The phones have got much much tougher over time.  They simply aren't the precious little delicate jewels some people think they are. 
  • Reply 39 of 52
    Mr_GreyMr_Grey Posts: 118member
    mattinoz said:
    Seeing as most people cover their phone with a case, not really a concern.
    I think you're just making that up.  I also think that anyone who says "most people cover their phones" is probably making it up.  

Even if it's 60/40 in favour of cases for iOS devices, that still leaves 400 million people who don't use a case.  
    anome
  • Reply 40 of 52
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    The fix
    cnocbuicornchip