Apple Music update lets Android users save songs to SD cards

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    cropr said:
       Google has disabled running apps from SD cards in the recent versions of Android, and that is not without a reason.

Well except if you are using adoptable storage
  • Reply 22 of 24
    mac_128 said:

I currently transfer movies into my iPad this way, and just yesterday was looking for a way to transfer a photo from my iPad to my iPhone when my internet was out. Having a way to do this, even in a pinch would be fantastic. 
    Airdrop and you won't need to screw around with SD cards. 
  • Reply 23 of 24
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    tonester said:
    mac_128 said:

I currently transfer movies into my iPad this way, and just yesterday was looking for a way to transfer a photo from my iPad to my iPhone when my internet was out. Having a way to do this, even in a pinch would be fantastic. 
    Airdrop and you won't need to screw around with SD cards. 
    For starters AirDrop requires a minimum iPhone 5, iPad 4, or a 2012 Mac running Yosemite. So until I upgrade my Mac, and iPad, I can't use it. I have also found AirDrop to be hit or miss, often requiring more trouble than it's worth to get the other person's iPhone to connect, especially when a regular data connection is present. Also, the transfer rate is limited by the slowest wifi connection speed, so transferring a 1.5GB movie that way, or even a lot of 12mp photos and HiRes music files, is not really going to be practical. Add to that Apple has updated the Lightning port to USB 3 speeds, and it seems like SD cards/USB drives are going to be a round a bit longer.

but point taken, when I'm running all the latest gear, and have airdrop configured for my personal use, it should be a lot more convenient to transfer one photo using it over any other method, especially physical media.