Switch ads with celebrities (and normalos) now official

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.apple.com/switch/ads/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/switch/ads/</a>;

featuring Tony Hawk, DJ Qbert, Kelly Slater, Richard Ziskin and Gianni Jacklone.

[ 10-04-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Are they actually celebriities? The only one I've ever heard of is Tony Hawk.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Are they actually celebriities? The only one I've ever heard of is Tony Hawk.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its sad that in this day and age there are still some people who have never heard of DJ QBert.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by pi radians:

<strong>Its sad that in this day and age there are still some people who have never heard of DJ QBert.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I <a href="http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/qbert.htm"; target="_blank">have</a>!

[ 10-03-2002: Message edited by: Belle ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 12
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Damnit, what the hell happened to the Will Ferrel switch ad?

That one is right up there with the stoned girl...
  • Reply 5 of 12
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    The two jocks are pretty lackluster. QBert is at least engaging and funny.

The two normal people they added are more effective than Tony and Kelly. At least they don't look jet-lagged, coffee-deprived and jaded.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    They should get Austin Powers (Mike Myers)

YEAH BABY!!!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Who here has every Apple Switch Ad downloaded??? Just wondering... I just recently went though and downloaded all of them it took a little time, but it was worth it. They are a good edition to my Apple Movie Collection.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Gianni Jacklone and the umbrella dude aren't exactly celebrities. They even say what they do in their ads. They just happened to add two "normal people" at the same time they brought out the first three celebs.

Kelly Slater is just a laid back surfer guy anyway. QBert says "scratch" a thousand times in 30 seconds, and then we get to hear the scratching, just in case we had forgotten what it sounds like to screw with a record. Tony Hawk was good I thought, except he fed a pet peeve of mine--people who don't inflect their speech correctly. "I'm Tony Hawk, and I'm a professional skateboarder?"

[ 10-04-2002: Message edited by: pusherman ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 12
    They should get Lance Bass to do a switch ad. He could talk about buying a Powerbook to go into space.

:eek:
  • Reply 10 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    [quote]Originally posted by pi radians:

<strong>

Its sad that in this day and age there are still some people who have never heard of DJ QBert.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why? You've probably never heard of Dream Theater. It's another semi-obscure musical act which a dedicated fan base, but it's still NOT MAINSTREAM. Why is it sad? Why is "scratch-djing" a form of art that NEEDS to be noticed in this day and age?

Sorry, I just found your tone of voice a bit offensive to everyone out there who has an opinion.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Here's my idea for a celebrity Switch ad using a really high-profile movie star:

"So my agent suggested I call Apple about doing a Switch ad and they actually asked me if I really made the switch, which I hadn't. I said I'd give it a whirl and bought an iMac for the hell of it. Surprise, within a week I was hooked. Yeah, I switched because of a Switch ad...isn't that nuts? My iMac, it just works. &lt;optional: I love the widescreen for watching all the incredible movies I star in.&gt; Everything just makes more sense. If my Mac were a movie, my Windows PC is the sequel that should have never been made. ... I'm &lt;Harrison Ford|Tom Cruise|Brad Pitt|Natalie Portman|Charlize Theron|whoever&gt; and people worship me."

I originally posted this in an <a href="http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=50009562&f=8300945231&m=408095153 5&p=1" target="_blank">Ars Forum thread</a> where I put in my two cents about the Tony Hawk, Kelly Slater and DJ QBert ads. The 'celebrity' ad selection just seems too focused on grabbing the tragically hip kids.

[ 10-06-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 12
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    [quote]Originally posted by BrianMacOS:

<strong>Who here has every Apple Switch Ad downloaded??? Just wondering... I just recently went though and downloaded all of them it took a little time, but it was worth it. They are a good edition to my Apple Movie Collection.</strong><hr></blockquote>This is just weird. I bought a tivo so I woulnd't have to watch commercials. Why would you collect advertisements? I've watched that fish ad with the bear-attacking-man, and some crazy foreign ads, but I don't archive them.

Oh, and it's spelled addition.