The best Smart Connector keyboard for iPad Pro: Apple Smart Keyboard vs. Logitech Create

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    I got to see the Logitech in action, but I am wary of buying it with all the weight added. Logitech, if you're listening, lighten up that keyboard case! Also consider hollowing out a space for Apple Pencil.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    All nice keyboards I'm sure. But if you have an Apple Air you can buy a quality bluetooth keyboard for $17. The trick is just to look for something that was branded for Samsung or some other tablet that isn't sell in the numbers projected. Those keyboards aren't moving and if you choose wisely they will fit your iPad Air 1 or 2 perfectly. Here is one.

Belkin QODE Slim Style Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1'' (Black / Black) / Slim Style

And here is another for $30.

Belkin QODE Universal Keyboard and Case for 10-Inch Tablets, Compatible with Galaxy Tab 4 - 10.1", Galaxy Tab 3 - 10.1", Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab 2 - 10.1" and Galaxy Tab S - 10.5" (Black)

And I suspect you can find them cheaper. I got these for $8 on a discount site.

• Reply 23 of 30
    I used both of them. I love the feel when you are typing with Logitech keyboard. The keys are much better than the Apple Smart Keyboard. This should be list as pros in the Logitech keyboard.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    mrhinman said:
    I got to see the Logitech in action, but I am wary of buying it with all the weight added. Logitech, if you're listening, lighten up that keyboard case! Also consider hollowing out a space for Apple Pencil.
    No keyboard allows me to use accents like á or ñ on a ipad pro.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    julioais said:
    mrhinman said:
    That's disappointing. I understand that how the keys are pressed on those keyboard cases may not allow for the proper signals for calling the overlay with various accented keys, but if that's the case, I'd think that they should have included a special key that would call those accented keys; especially if they are only going to carry a standard US QWERTY keyboard.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Soli said:
    julioais said:
    That's disappointing. I understand that how the keys are pressed on those keyboard cases may not allow for the proper signals for calling the overlay with various accented keys, but if that's the case, I'd think that they should have included a special key that would call those accented keys; especially if they are only going to carry a standard US QWERTY keyboard.
    However, those accents are still available by touching the screen, right? Less convenient, but available... (I know, I'm just being a hopeless apologist).  :s
  • Reply 27 of 30
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    However, those accents are still available by touching the screen, right? Less convenient, but available... (I know, I'm just being a hopeless apologist).  :s
    Yes, they are; but this does affect the speed, efficiency, and overall usability of the device when you need to pull up a virtual keyboard when you have a physical one that was made for the device attached.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    shogushogu Posts: 3member
    Two elements were missing in this appreciated and extensive review, namely:

1) As I write constantly in 4 different languages, the Logitech key board (Swiss french layout) I use is limited to only one set of keys that I experience to be rather annoying given my consistent switching between languages. In other words, not a problem with the iPad Pro  but a restrictive factor of the Logitech. I don't know if this one language only restriction applies to the Apple keyboard as well (I suspect same limitation). 
    2) No reference was made to iPad Pro battery longevity difference (if any) after full charging either using Apple's or Logitech's keyboard as compared to using iPad Pro alone.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Hopefully the AppleInsider community will know an answer to this question that I have been unable to find:

I purchased an iPad Pro 9.7 and a Smart Keyboard.  I want to upgrade my wife's iPad Air to a Pro as well.  Can she and I interchange  our intermittent use of the keyboard
    or once it has been used with my Pro will it be unable to be used with hers?
  • Reply 30 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    It’s a physical connection, right? Using the special connector on the side; not even Bluetooth. So you shouldn’t even have to resync anything to use it with both iPads.