Apple counsel Bruce Sewell calls DOJ filing 'cheap shot' that seeks to 'vilify'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    FACT 1. The US Government, FBI, CIA and other agencies FAILED to stop THESE Terrorists inside America kill innocent people.
    FACT 2. Apple, Inc. did nothing wrong in relation to this event - except unknowingly sell a phone to people with troubled minds.
    FACT 3. Alphabet agencies are INCAPABLE of admitting when they make mistakes, thus rendering themselves UNTRUSTWORTHY.

This case is about INCOMPETENCE on the Federal Level of multiple agencies for failing to capture these Terrorists. Why can't our Senators and Congress-people questions the FBI why they failed the American people?
    Agree wholeheartedly with everything except a small nuance :
    FACT 2. Apple, Inc. did nothing wrong in relation to this event - including trustingly sell a phone to a government agency who unwittingly gave it to people with troubled minds.
    icoco3brakken
  • Reply 42 of 45
    Emericus said:
    Now, I don't work for law enforcement, and I'm not necessarily siding with the FBI here, but I'm starting to the see the bigger picture how they see it, and it does make some sense without being too paranoid. The issue is that so many people use smartphones and cellphones (just like so many people use roads, airspace, and building enclosures), it may not be in the public's best interest that these things be designed to thwart all law enforcement activities always. On that account, it might be worth the government's best legal efforts to basically force Apple to dismantle iOS8 and thus, in the bigger picture, teach all tech companies a basic lesson: so many people use these devices and networks, it is in the public's best interest that they all have some form of backdoor, even if the downside is increased likelihood of opportunistic hacking.

Not siding with the FBI yet seeing the big picture of willingly accepting more hacking. Alrighty, so are you a hacker or just a opportunistic criminal waiting for the hack ?

brakken
  • Reply 43 of 45
    I feel I should post this on each article about this Apple/FBI case as a means to bring those newly engaging in this debate up to speed.
    Good idea, it's an excellent summary of the situation in language that's hopefully simple enough for even the most simpleton of trolls to understand, even though they will almost certainly still disagree just to fulfill their dire need of attention by being antagonistic. To the smaller group of smarter and welcomed newcomers it would also serve as an ad hoc manifesto of where most of us here stand.
    Terrorists will hold up this incident and the fallout from it as a major victory in their attempts to weaken and manipulate free society

Totally agree. I've been stating this to friends lately that if, heaven forbid, the FBI would win this, it would be one of the greatest terrorist coups in years. It fulfills the obvious terrorism goal to instil terror in the masses, yet this goes even further and persuades them to unwittingly exchange real security for a false sense of security and give in to government surveillance. Our latest newcomer here is a case in point and readily admitted as much. Although there is always a possibility that it was the original master plan all along of some evil genius to plant the iPhone and start this whole mess, I suspect the murderous SB terrorists specifically as well as their terror organization as a whole didn’t dream of the extent of the total damage they will inflict, and as a ludicrous bonus, accomplished with the complicity of the original victims’ law enforcement demagoguery.

brakken
  • Reply 44 of 45
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    mrboba1 said:
    ibill said:
    Obama's DOJ are behaving like terrorists.
    Don't think this just started with Obama. It's not a left/right argument, it's an authoritarianism/libertarianism (lets call it up/down) issue.
    Since the terror attacks (and before, really), we collectively have become more afraid, and more likely to cede to these fears, leading to a rise in authoritarians in control.

This is what you get when you let them pass the PATRIOT Act over and over again.
    "I'm doing this to you for you."

No thanks.
    US fear began with JFK getting shot. Nixon wasn't much help. Reagan put the icing on the cake. Bush destroyed all final vestiges of political credibility. The recent demonstrations demonstrated the ineffectiveness of civil movements. The US is becoming another North Korea, just with a more effective veil and better funded? By misinforming and under-educating the public, people do not have sufficient information upon which to make an informed decision. Thusly, fundamental democratic processes are broken, and tyranny begins.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    jony0 said:
    I feel I should post this on each article about this Apple/FBI case as a means to bring those newly engaging in this debate up to speed.
    Good idea, it's an excellent summary of the situation in language that's hopefully simple enough for even the most simpleton of trolls to understand, even though they will almost certainly still disagree just to fulfill their dire need of attention by being antagonistic. To the smaller group of smarter and welcomed newcomers it would also serve as an ad hoc manifesto of where most of us here stand.

Totally agree. I've been stating this to friends lately that if, heaven forbid, the FBI would win this, it would be one of the greatest terrorist coups in years. It fulfills the obvious terrorism goal to instil terror in the masses, yet this goes even further and persuades them to unwittingly exchange real security for a false sense of security and give in to government surveillance. Our latest newcomer here is a case in point and readily admitted as much. Although there is always a possibility that it was the original master plan all along of some evil genius to plant the iPhone and start this whole mess, I suspect the murderous SB terrorists specifically as well as their terror organization as a whole didn’t dream of the extent of the total damage they will inflict, and as a ludicrous bonus, accomplished with the complicity of the original victims’ law enforcement demagoguery.

Love your work, jony0!

it is stunning the blind loyalty people of seemingly good conscience ascribe to government despite public servants obviously appealing to emotional reactions in blatant disregard for the law.

I do not get it.
    jony0