Rumor: Chinese spy shots show 'iPhone 7' with dual cameras, no home button

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    As we learn from the coordinated Apple Press releases with the FBI, I wonder if they'll include a detailed manual on features and usage. Access codes (and recovery processes) should be disclosed in the a print manual so people aren't locked out of their phones. Also, a list of commands for Siri would be helpful. She still seems to be wrong on about 35-40% of asked questions. Dual cameras seems like an expensive repair; I didn't ask for it, so it's uniquely Apple.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    I think you guys are going to find out that this photo is real and makes sense. 

Force touch make no home button required. The finger print sensor takes a photo to compare.  So force touch will activate it. 

Smart connector also makes sense. For accessories like the smart battery pack you don't add extra length to the phone when attaching it. 

No head phone jack because many are using Bluetooth and the Lightning jack will support wired headphones and And the phone will probably also have wireless charging. 

I think this is the phone. 
  • Reply 43 of 56
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    bobschlob said:
    This would be the first iPhone that I would buy a case for, 'specifically" to cover it's ugliness. (if it were real {which it is not})
    People said the same thing about iPhone 6 antenna lines. Yup. Apple ain't care.
    6Sgoldfishnolamacguy
  • Reply 44 of 56

For some reason it looks nothing like Bender. And the last thing Apple wants their phones associated with it bending.

I seem to have totally missed the point, or is there no other point besides making a forced reference to Futurama?

• Reply 45 of 56
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I must be the only person on Earth who likes the antenna bands. 
  • Reply 46 of 56
    I'm leaning more towards prototype device rather than fake kirf. We know from patents and company buy-outs that apple are experimenting with dual lens cameras, removing the physical home button, smart connector already exists on ipad - no reason it may not end up on iphone in future - the location in shot could be purely somewhere to stick it for now for testing purposes.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    Based on rumors we've heard before I won't be entirely surprised if they remove the Home Button and replace it with an on-screen one. And I think I remember something about a screen camera too? so I guess that would let them make the screen go the entire length. Neat

As for the Bender camera and Smart Connector I don't really see any reason to object. They both seem like pretty reasonable additions
  • Reply 48 of 56
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    why- said:
    Based on rumors we've heard before I won't be entirely surprised if they remove the Home Button and replace it with an on-screen one. And I think I remember something about a screen camera too? so I guess that would let them make the screen go the entire length. Neat

As for the Bender camera and Smart Connector I don't really see any reason to object. They both seem like pretty reasonable additions
    Even if the physical home button is not there, don't expect it's a on-screen button either. The top and bottom bezels will be there symmetrically. That means the top bezel will have the same thickness as the bottom one and at least 1-2mm larger than home button.  So, you won't see any difference vs the current appearance.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    apple ][ said:
    There's reality and then there's fantasy.

What you wish for clearly belongs in the fantasy realm, as anybody who knows Apple, knows that they aren't going to drastically thicken the iPhone all of a sudden.

Apple has always been about making their products thinner. Besides a few rare exceptions, such as the iPad 3, Apple's products get thinner each year.

Apple is not about to change their entire philosophy just because a few people think that they would like thick, heavy iPhones with a larger battery.
    I knowingly expressed a bit of wishful thinking before, but wait a minute: maintaining roughly the dimensions of the iPhone 6(S), a phone so thin that its structural integrity has come into question, to house this camera module without further slimming would render the device "drastically thick and heavy"??? Please. Now we're pushing the boundaries of contrarianism. 
    the 6 had structural problems (mine bent with normal use), the 6s does not -- harder aluminum. 
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 50 of 56

apple ][ said:
    Do we know the official dimensions and the thickness of this iPhone 7 VS iPhone 6s+?

Just looking at the photos, they seem pretty similar in thickness.

It's possible that the dual lens system would have to be protruding, no matter what.
    There's no way that we can know exact dimensions, let alone whether the photos above indeed stand. I was following the rationale behind the purported headphone jack sacrifice, to facilitate further device slimming. Otherwise what would be the point?
    as has been discussed here to great length, it's about the volume recovered on the inside -- the jack is a large component, one of the largest. as the iPod touch shows, it could still get thinner while keeping the height of the jack. it's about volume. 
  • Reply 51 of 56

bobschlob said:
    apple ][ said:
    There's reality and then there's fantasy.

What you wish for clearly belongs in the fantasy realm, as anybody who knows Apple, knows that they aren't going to drastically thicken the iPhone all of a sudden.
    Uh... well, unless you consider the phone that comes out next week.
    you've moved the goal posts -- a new phone with a new form factor (itself based on an older phone) is not the newest flagship phone being discussed. 
  • Reply 52 of 56
    As we learn from the coordinated Apple Press releases with the FBI, I wonder if they'll include a detailed manual on features and usage. Access codes (and recovery processes) should be disclosed in the a print manual so people aren't locked out of their phones. Also, a list of commands for Siri would be helpful. She still seems to be wrong on about 35-40% of asked questions. Dual cameras seems like an expensive repair; I didn't ask for it, so it's uniquely Apple.
    a lot of bullshit to cover, but iPhone won't be the first phone with dual lenses -- so not a unique Apple conspiracy. FUD harder. 
  • Reply 53 of 56

fallenjt said:
    bobschlob said:
    This would be the first iPhone that I would buy a case for, 'specifically" to cover it's ugliness. (if it were real {which it is not})
    don't forget - people said the exact same thing about the 4... "Those antenna breaks can't be real! Apple would never have visible screws!" etc etc. now they wistfully think back on it and criticize the latest phones for not being more like it. 

silly humans. 
  • Reply 54 of 56

fallenjt said:
    don't forget - people said the exact same thing about the 4... "Those antenna breaks can't be real! Apple would never have visible screws!" etc etc. now they wistfully think back on it and criticize the latest phones for not being more like it. 

silly humans. 
    Actually, it serves to show exactly how over the years Apple designs have been following a steady descent into uninspired complacency, evidenced by neglecting one of the basic tenets that made them a household name since Jobs' return: the painstacking attention to aesthetic detail. And indeed, they don't seem to care one bit. 
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 55 of 56
    jmc54jmc54 Posts: 207member
    Rayz2016 said:
    I must be the only person on Earth who likes the antenna bands. 
    I went from indifferent to didn't notice at all after about a week