Rumor: Apple's 2017 iPhone will be radical redesign with Touch ID, FaceTime camera & speaker embedd

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    hmlongco said:
    Someone remind me again, what were the major highly significant innovations that Samsung introduced going from the 5 to the 6 to the 7? One of them had a curved thing, right?

I mean, face it. The smartphone market is maturing rapidly, and spec bumps (processor, ram, camera, battery, etc.) are pretty much all we're going to be getting in the future.

(At least until someone shoves a working tricorder in there...)

That's going to be the nature of all phones, Apple and Samsung alike.
    High pixel count and density display for VR.  UFS 2.0 very fast memory protocol delivering SSD like speeds, their own in-house Exynos CPU with an integrated modem on the 8890 used in the S7, a camera optimised so as to considerably improve low light image quality through larger pixels and an F1.7 lens.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    tkell31tkell31 Posts: 216member
    Cobra101 said:
    SEEMS ike the next phone will be the same old same old..
    Stock just hit $89.89. If Apple isn't buying now for their buyback program, the entire board of directors should be fired.
    I have news for you skippy this is going to hit the 70s regardless of what they do.  Sales figures for the iPhone7 are going to be "terrible" because it's basically the same phone as they've been selling.  And by terrible I mean relative to the last two releases. 

Not saying it isn't a great phone, it is, but at the money they are charging you need to do more than make it a millimeter thinner to get people to upgrade.
    StimulatedBoy
  • Reply 43 of 50
    tkell31tkell31 Posts: 216member
    Time for Cook to start playing games and point to the "bright future" while Rome burns.  I'm really not sure what he brings to the table to warrant being CEO.  The fact he clearly doesnt understand you cant make tiny upgrades and expect people to keep forking out a good chunk of change every couple years is really concerning.  The bigger issue is he just keeps parroting the same lines over and over again like anyone is going to believe him at this point.  I've said it before and I will say it again, this will hit 75 before it hits 100 again.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    foggyhill said:
    evilution said:
    Apple does need to do something to push the boat out a bit. The iPhone came a long way up to the iPhone 4 and then stalled. We need something amazing.
    How has it stalled? If anything, it improved A LOT after the 4. The A7 processor was a momentous improvement in processing progress, Touch ID hasn't  really been equaled by others, Apple's the only one using 7000 series Aluminium in a phone and 3D touch will eventually be replicated by everyone else.

Those are only a few of the major improvement Apple has rolled out lately.

I don't get these kinds of declarations.
    The average user doesn't give a damn about the processor or its made from 7000 series Aluminium. They may give a damn about the design and the stuff they use but not the tech specs. 
    People in a tech forum on the other hand are a different breed.
    6Sgoldfish
  • Reply 45 of 50
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    foggyhill said:
    How has it stalled? If anything, it improved A LOT after the 4. The A7 processor was a momentous improvement in processing progress, Touch ID hasn't  really been equaled by others, Apple's the only one using 7000 series Aluminium in a phone and 3D touch will eventually be replicated by everyone else.

Those are only a few of the major improvement Apple has rolled out lately.

I don't get these kinds of declarations.
    The average user doesn't give a damn about the processor or its made from 7000 series Aluminium. They may give a damn about the design and the stuff they use but not the tech specs. 
    The phone is still faster and more efficient than all the rest (and will stay faster and more efficient), it's tougher than other phones, touch ID is still the best implementation of biometrics and 3d touch apps are slowly coming in?

Apple pay doesn't really have a competitor on the Android side (Apple has really worked the bank side and slowly but surely the vendor side is coming in).

That's all things they can use.

Phones eventually wear out and there are still 50% of phones out there that have not been updated.
    If they don't switch to Android? Likely according to what Cook says, that alone fuels upgrades.

If they apply true tone to the Iphone, make the camera much better (two lenses), those are both significant upgrades.
    Who knows what else they have beyond that? Deisgn cues leak out but deeper less flashy changes often do not.

I find it funny that you basically just skated around my response to make your point.
    edited May 2016
  • Reply 46 of 50
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    foggyhill said:
    The phone is still faster and more efficient than all the rest (and will stay faster and more efficient), it's tougher than other phones, touch ID is still the best implementation of biometrics and 3d touch apps are slowly coming in?

Apple pay doesn't really have a competitor on the Android side (Apple has really worked the bank side and slowly but surely the vendor side is coming in).

That's all things they can use.

Phones eventually wear out and there are still 50% of phones out there that have not been updated.
    If they don't switch to Android? Likely according to what Cook says, that alone fuels upgrades.

If they apply true tone to the Iphone, make the camera much better (two lenses), those are both significant upgrades.
    Who knows what else they have beyond that? Deisgn cues leak out but deeper less flashy changes often do not.

I find it funny that you basically just skated around my response to make your point.
    Asia market/consumer is more about fashion and status symbol. Plus it is cutthroat in China with Huawei taking a big and bold charge. Apple cannot afford to be complacent. A design change is a must in order to compete in Chinese market. Otherwise Apple will test $75, a drop of 44% from 2015 high, like the drop from 2012 Sep to 2013 Jul.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    I'm going to do my part by committing to buy both the 2016 AND the 2017 phones.  Do I know the features?  Nah.  Does it matter?  Nah.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    roake said:
    I'm going to do my part by committing to buy both the 2016 AND the 2017 phones.  Do I know the features?  Nah.  Does it matter?  Nah.

Hasn't stopped anyone else from condemning it for not having enough features for them. Despite no indication as to what features it might include, and no real indication as to what it's going to look like.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    Cobra101 said:
    2016=Fail.

230 billion and no innovation.

I REALLY miss Steve Jobs.

Cook needs to go!
    Sog is that you?
    anome