Apple mulls permanent expansion of Fifth Avenue store, feels 'entitled' to cut-rate FAO Schwarz lea

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    It sounded like the media was characterizing it as "entitled to." More click traffic that way.
    Yes, it was interesting to watch how Apple turned from irrelevant to media darling, then to hatred.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Cobra101 said:
    Love companies and people that have a sense of "Entitlement".
    Love people who take a New York Post's characterization of something, and swallow it like a s*** milkshake.
    edited May 2016 latifbp
  • Reply 23 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Cobra101 said:
    Love companies and people that have a sense of "Entitlement".
    Oh, FFS. Just because the NY Post editorially spun the headline that way doesn't mean that's how Apple chose to enter negotiations. 
    latifbp
  • Reply 24 of 27
    ashamamashamam Posts: 3member
    I traced the 'entitlement' quote back to the original article and from what I can see no one actually made that quote, except perhaps the article author. But thats okay, works great as click bait in the title!
    revenant said:
    ashamam said:
    I traced the 'entitlement' quote back to the original article and from what I can see no one actually made that quote, except perhaps the article author. But thats okay, works great as click bait in the title!
    since it is in single quotes, it is actually not a quote. unless it is another typographical error which this site loves.

much like, "Nike's just extended the least on its existing store out to 2022".
    Its in double quotes actually on both this site and the source site. I put t in single quotes for emphasis :P, seeing as I didn't think it deserved full quotes.
    edited May 2016
  • Reply 25 of 27
    isteelersisteelers Posts: 738member
    Good for them. Start throwing that weight around. 
  • Reply 26 of 27
    cintoscintos Posts: 113member
    OK, perhaps Apple is not "entitled" to consideration on the rental, despite the hightened "value" of the old FAO space being primarily driven by the presence of the iconic Apple tourist magnet. Perhaps Boston Properties would have a slightly different approach if Apple felt they needed more space and abandoned their interest in the old GM block entirely, and bought out the Tiffany building instead....
    stompy
  • Reply 27 of 27
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    I hate it when units aren't included where they are necessary. Some of the financial world reporting is terrible with this. "Company X is worth $7 billion." -- Is that their annual sales, value of their assets, their stock market capitalization, or what? "Gasoline is $2." -- Is that $2/gallon, $2/liter, $2/dram, $2/tanker truckload? Units people! Units! Stuff like this gets people killed or multimillion dollar projects destroyed (Mars Climate Orbiter for example)