iPhone marketshare dips to 14.8% amid tougher Chinese competition, Gartner says

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    cali said:
    This is fucking disgusting.

The fact you can just steal a company's hard work and creation and sell it right next to the original is sad.

I watched the full 2007 iPhone keynote yesterday and it changed my view even more on IP theft. I have ZERO respect for the knockoff brands and have even more respect for Apple.

the part where Steve says "we filed over 200 patents for this phone and we plan on protecting them". It's like he truly believed his work would be protected but the U.S. government didn't give a shit and it's probably worse in other countries.

Imagine the billions of dollars IP theft had caused Apple?

Not every IP were valid in China. So it is the exact reason why many Chinese Brands remain in China. ( Or India, basically places where you dont respect the "Internaltional" IP )

Another thing is, compared to some other competitors, these Chinese company actually paid respect in their publich keynotes and said their "inspiration" is from Apple. So credit where credit's due. The same could not be said with some other blantant rip off competitors, although recently they have been innovating as well.

• Reply 62 of 65
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    A Note on China,
    While the economic problem is not as big as most media wants you to believe. It is defintely slowing down. Apple, along with many other western companies were expecting the blooming of middle class. Although that is still statistcally correct, it is hinder by the anti corruption laws ( so no more gifts ) and increase in food and property prices. 

The status symbol is still there, but that is not a long term solution.

Sometimes I wonder if Apple and TSMC can work on Fabing Chips in Hong Kong or other places to aviod the heavy tax in China.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Too much focus on expanding the market and not enough focus on innovation. The market doesn't need to keep growing. Apple just needs to make phones that compel people to upgrade more often, like they used to. 

A slightly thinner phone with a slightly faster processor and a slightly better camera and slightly better battery life is only going to be slightly compelling. They need to be bold, but not bold in a "we're removing the headphone jack" kind of way.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    SnRa said:
    volcan said:
    Google Now launched July 9, 2012

Siri launched October 14, 2011
    Voice control, search and integration existed in Android before Google started bundling it together and calling it Google Now. Mostly it evolved from Google Voice Search (2002). Although, I wouldn't exactly call Siri a copy of that, it did however integrate a lot of that functionality.
    Your perception of the reality of things is skewed.  So called "Voice Control" on android was a mess that was ripped off from Windows Mobile.  You need to brush up on your computing history.