Apple refuses to back GOP convention because of Trump politics

Comments

• Reply 161 of 278
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 764member
    cnocbui said:
    Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc, etc - yeah, don't take sides or express an opinion.
    No argument. Just shitposting. Welcome to liberal politics. That is, of course, until they hit a wall. Then they start the executions.
    Well, given that he said nothing about what he wanted, you cannot possibly make that claim.
    Let me get off my iPad and blow you the fuck out.

EDIT: 
    You, too; hang on.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzfWJ6V5nyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8c2Cq-vpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwJZGlC5lXM
    Haha. You were saying what about blowing who the fuck out? Nice work r2d2 taking this trash to the sidewalk! Tallest Skil I will give you credit for admiting your mistake which is more than most of the right wing would do but who is putting out garbage? Like Trump you are the gift that keeps on giving. This past week he tweeted to a poll in which he was losing and thanked America. If you have any integrity you will stop supporting Apple, buying their products or posting in this forum. Goodbye. 
    Edit - unable to defend his positions and got caught and called out by r2d2, it seems that Tallist Skil has to have moderators stop any responses to his post. Says it all right there. 
    edited June 2016 baconstangpropodroundaboutnowbobschlobr2d2jackansiai46cnocbui
  • Reply 162 of 278
    semi_guysemi_guy Posts: 64member
    Some of these figures are misleading. Student debt has grown due to college cost increasing, plus recession made more people stay in college longer with dual degrees or go back to college to get another degree:

why-baconstang
  • Reply 163 of 278
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    r2d2 said:
    Obama did the best he could with the mess he was left with.
    Dear fuck, just stop. It was wrong in the first year; it’s still wrong in the eighth.

bulk001 said:
    Haha. You www saying what about blowing is the fuck out out? Nice work r2d2 taking this trash to the sidewalk! Tallest Skil I will give you credit for admiting your mistake which is more than most of the right wing would do but who is putting out garbage? If you have any integrity you will stop supporting Apple, buying their products or posting in this forum. 
    So you’re illiterate, didn’t watch the links, and have no argument. Great going.
    apple ][trollkiller
  • Reply 164 of 278
    croffordcrofford Posts: 96member
    "A report claimed"...,more great journalism
    tallest skilspliff monkey
  • Reply 165 of 278
    kamiltonkamilton Posts: 282member
    Just can't sit this one out!  

Trump = Crazy = Trouble

Hill < Crazy < Trouble

You can all relax now!  "Believe Me!"

baconstangspliff monkey
  • Reply 166 of 278
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    fallenjt said:
    My friend works in DC with many political figures in there and they don't believe in Trump. 
    And that's precisely why your friend is totally clueless, because he hangs with the clueless crowd in DC, the so called political elite that has been absolutely dead wrong about everything about Trump since the very beginning. They obviously have no idea about what's going on.

Many of those political consultants, clueless pundits and propagandists are just worried about their jobs and future careers, and rightly so, because many of them will hopefully be unemployed soon. Good riddance to bad trash.
    tallest skiltrollkiller
  • Reply 167 of 278
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,293member
    Trump because he represents political unorthodoxy is bad for business which thrives on the status quo; he is especially bad for Apple's business with his talk of trade wars and global boycotts, strong-arming companies into make bad production decisions.

Good for Apple.  If the Republicans want to be the party of business, they need to go back to the drawing board.
    bulk001baconstangspliff monkeyai46
  • Reply 168 of 278
    bulk001 said:
    zoomcrypt said:
    At this point I honestly would be happy to support tim cook for a presidential run as I think he'd do a fantastic job, but this is my last straw for him as CEO. Apple better be looking hard for a NEW CEO as it's clear by now that Tim doesn't have the product vision to keep apple ahead of the rest of the world. Apple needs a CEO that is more talented and better at creating visionary new products than a CEO who is focussed on making political statements.  

Apple should be welcoming a president that can help them make more inroads internationally on a more fair level.  Look at all the troubles they are having with taxes and ridiculous lawsuits in china. Taxes and blockage of doing business in India.  All while as a country we let china and india freely flood US markets with goods and services.  
    What products out there that are so superior to what Apple is doing are you referring to? I am not a fan of the Apple Watch but it has done better than any other high tech wearable out there. I wish for a more powerful laptop with better graphics card but when I look at the monstrosities that my co workers have on the PC side I am happy to have my MBR. My neighbor has a Gallaxy and I'll take my iPhone everyday of the week over his device and my iPad has been working great for the past 2 years and will no doubt give me 2 more. Now Larry Page is apparently investing in flying cars and Bezos is going to Mars but I'm glad that Apple hasn't seemed to express an interest in these areas but maybe you want them to? I do wish Siri was smarter and that Apple maps had lane assist like Google Maps and would love the MacPro to be on a yearly upgrade cycle and FCP 7 to come back (along with Shake and Aperture) but overall these are small complaints compared to Apple's innovation and solid products that mostly just work. Or are you like these analysts who always want a new form factor for everything - not because they are more functional but just to be be able to say they look cooler than the last version?
    i didn't say anything was superior. not sure what you are talking about. I'm a full apple product user as well as a developer that makes a living thanks to apple's app store. but my opinion at this point is the competition is closing in fast to apple and cook is not the leader our beloved apple deserves. I made excuses for him for the last few years and thought he did a masterful job managing the company, but it's pretty clear now he does't have that full magical ability to look around the corner as apple likes to put it.  And I do think it's VERY hard to find someone better, but I strongly hope the board is looking relentlessly.  Apple deserves a visionary leader on the levels of the zuckerberg/bezos/musk/page.  cook is one notch below. 
  • Reply 169 of 278
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member
    You anti-Trump bozos are so predictable to fall for just another piece of media bullshit. Swallow and mindlessly repeat all the crap you want about him, but he will be our next President. And if Apple actually won't be supporting him at the convention, it won't be their biggest error. But I seriously don't believe this "story" is factual.
    O'come on, Fox News brain washes it's listeners to the point of them wanting to take matters into their own hands. I hear it everyday at work, machinists talking at the lunch table reciting the same old story "well, theres a lot of people that just gave up looking for work so it's really not 5% unemployment" all the while they have been employed the past 8 years. Can you honestly say you thought of Trump as a serious possibility for President 5 years ago, I mean even conservative talk radio thinks he's a joke. There is a lot of good Republican Presidential candidates that could easily beat Mrs. Clinton. Trump wouldn't know a conservative value if it hit him. Does he strike you as someone that is of Christian values, for family, the right to life, will defend the Constitution, protect our troops, fix the VA, .... 
    bulk001baconstangspliff monkeybobschlob
  • Reply 170 of 278
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 764member
    zoomcrypt said:
    bulk001 said:
    What products out there that are so superior to what Apple is doing are you referring to? I am not a fan of the Apple Watch but it has done better than any other high tech wearable out there. I wish for a more powerful laptop with better graphics card but when I look at the monstrosities that my co workers have on the PC side I am happy to have my MBR. My neighbor has a Gallaxy and I'll take my iPhone everyday of the week over his device and my iPad has been working great for the past 2 years and will no doubt give me 2 more. Now Larry Page is apparently investing in flying cars and Bezos is going to Mars but I'm glad that Apple hasn't seemed to express an interest in these areas but maybe you want them to? I do wish Siri was smarter and that Apple maps had lane assist like Google Maps and would love the MacPro to be on a yearly upgrade cycle and FCP 7 to come back (along with Shake and Aperture) but overall these are small complaints compared to Apple's innovation and solid products that mostly just work. Or are you like these analysts who always want a new form factor for everything - not because they are more functional but just to be be able to say they look cooler than the last version?
    i didn't say anything was superior. not sure what you are talking about. I'm a full apple product user as well as a developer that makes a living thanks to apple's app store. but my opinion at this point is the competition is closing in fast to apple and cook is not the leader our beloved apple deserves. I made excuses for him for the last few years and thought he did a masterful job managing the company, but it's pretty clear now he does't have that full magical ability to look around the corner as apple likes to put it.  And I do think it's VERY hard to find someone better, but I strongly hope the board is looking relentlessly.  Apple deserves a visionary leader on the levels of the zuckerberg/bezos/musk/page.  cook is one notch below. 
    I took this:
    Apple better be looking hard for a NEW CEO as it's clear by now that Tim doesn't have the product vision to keep apple ahead of the rest of the world. Apple needs a CEO that is more talented and better at creating visionary new products than a CEO who is focussed on making political statements.  
    To mean that others were going to be creating better (superior) products. I want to know what it is that others are doing that have better "product vision" (again, I would take that as meaning "superior" but that is just me). Know what I am talking about now? Tell me who has a better product vision and actually delivering in what they claim to be doing?
    edited June 2016 baconstangroundaboutnowpropod
  • Reply 171 of 278
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Corporations should not be asked or allowed to 'back' political conventions in the first place. That's just legalized corruption: allowing parties to 'shake down' corporations and giving corporations a greater say in politics than they should have. Oh but wait, our esteemed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of these United States said that corporations are people too, with the same political rights as us regular flesh-and-bone people. So I guess everything's okay then.
    edited June 2016 tallest skilbaconstangspliff monkeyroundaboutnow
  • Reply 172 of 278
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    jungmark said:
    I don't think Apple should pick sides no matter how disastrous a Trump presidency would be. 
    I think so too, but the Supreme Court said that according to the Constitution it's their God-given right so who are we to argue against God and the Supreme Court.
  • Reply 173 of 278
    r2d2r2d2 Posts: 95member
    r2d2 said:
    Obama did the best he could with the mess he was left with.
    Dear fuck, just stop. It was wrong in the first year; it’s still wrong in the eighth.

This is how it's already being recorded for history, you don't like it but you'll need to deal with it - because it's true. This will bother you more: I've already seen some articles saying how Obama will go down as one of the most effective presidents ever. Mostly because of how much he was able to get done with a group of Republicans that blocked and stonewalled everything he was trying to accomplish. Of course, you won't see any of this on Fox or Breitbart but trust me, it's already happening - because it's true.
    baconstangsplifspliff monkeyroundaboutnowbobschlobsingularityjackansicnocbuipropod
  • Reply 174 of 278
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    This is not Steve's Apple. It's time for Cook to step down.
    I don't think Steve would've been a fan either

So, lets get this right. Steve Jobs dies and leaves his wife everything-billions of dollars. Now his wife has a boyfriend (lover). Oh Steve!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
    edited June 2016 spliff monkeysandor
  • Reply 175 of 278
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    r2d2 said:
    This is how it's already being recorded for history, you don't like it but you'll need to deal with it - because it's true. 
    Yeah, no, that's not how anyone with an elementary school mathematics education or above operates. You don't get to dictate things like that. Next you'll claim that it's the current year and thus any argument against your delusions is invalid.
    I've already seen some articles saying how Obama will go down as one of the most effective presidents ever. 
    Breaking: idiots are allowed onto the Internet. What's your point? He's not effective by the leftist definition, he's not effective by the Founders' definition, and he's not even effective by the definition of the neocon Warhawks that run both parties.
    Mostly because of how much he was able to get done with a group of Republicans that blocked and stonewalled everything he was trying to accomplish. 
    He had two years with an unvetoable majority in the legislature and still didn't do the things he ostensibly wanted to do. How delusional does a person have to be to think this? The point of government is to NOT infringe on personal rights.
    Of course, you won't see any of this on Fox or Breitbart 
    That'd be because I don't watch them.
    but trust me, it's already happening - because it's true.
    You're a thief. There, I said it. Because it's true. I said so. His presidency will go down as possibly the third worst on record. Certainly it won't be remembered as anything more than an extension of the neocon policies of the previous eight years.
    apple ][trollkiller
  • Reply 176 of 278
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    r2d2 said:
    Democrats conveniently push this out of their "collective consciousness"?

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/02/wheres-obamas-encryption-policy

That article basically says that Obama didn't pick a side on encryption. What's to "push out"? 
    His entire "job" is to protect and defend the Constitution, not sit idly by while the FBI runs roughshod over our protected rights.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 177 of 278
    Thank you, Apple.
    baconstangdsdmuppetrylordjohnwhorfinpropod
  • Reply 178 of 278
    Hypocrites are those who choose how to apply tolerance. Intolerant is what you are.
    lkrupp
  • Reply 179 of 278
    Well in all fairness, Trump did bash Apple regarding the FBI iPhone breaking issue a few months ago. Trump is a clear anti-Apple non-user so why would Apple want to openly support this party's run for the White House? And for all those who think it'll be a problem "if" Trump gets into office, remember when Apple was just a little company who came out with an iPod, had the lowest desktop user market share, etc etc… They don't need to worry about their market share now.
    muppetry
  • Reply 180 of 278
    adrayvenadrayven Posts: 460member
    jungmark said:
    I don’t think Apple should pick sides...
    Exactly. Why would they back it in the first place?!
    Traditionally, they would back both sides in a show of supporting the election process while not actually 'picking' a side. I think in this case though, Apple is basically saying their are lines you don't cross.. and right now, Trump has crossed many of them. Sadly, It seems most you like him, seem to treat this like they are voting for their favorite reality show host.. heh.. sad.. very sad.
    dsdmuppetryr2d2baconstangPaul Johnsonsingularity