Inside watchOS 3: New 'Breathe' app for Apple Watch reminds you to relax, focus

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    rakic90 said:
    Headspace on your wrist. Wonderful. :smile: 
    Thumbs up for Headspace on iPhone and iWatch. I have been using this little guy since last month, even subs for it. If Breathe comes, though it's way simpler than Headspace and also free, I will switch. Sometimes a reminder is all you need.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    karmadavekarmadave Posts: 369member
    For people like me who are into Mindfulness this is prett cool.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    mac_128 said:
    I've got watchOS 3 installed. I find the Breathe app is a nice reminder to chill-out during the day. A couple of people that have seen it ask why I have the Burton Snowboards logo on my watch. I'm surprised no one else has commented on that.
    I suppose. I've never really understood those who don't have enough self discipline to get up from their desk, or take a break from the screen, or just take a few deep breaths throughout the day, assuming of course that is really something important to them. Then again, I've never understood additicion either. we all exist mostly in our own realities no matter how much empathy we purport to have for others -- we can't truly know what drives someone. I'm certainly not going to belittle someone or otherwise go out of my way to be an ass to people, in person or in the Internet, just because my reality differs from theirs. But that's what makes this forum so much fun isn't it? Come to think of it, the Breathe app likely can't get here fast enough for some of the regulars around here ... ;-)
    yes, why is it we aren't all perfect individuals who do everything we're supposed to do? it's so simple. we don't need gyms, or trainers, or tutors, or coaches. or teachers or churches for that matter. 

sorry, but lack of empathy is a typical techie personality fault. 
    edited June 2016 macgui
  • Reply 24 of 27
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    It wouldn't be Appleinsider without people complaining, but maybe when everyone here starts breathing more due to this app, it will be a calmer, less irritable comment section.
    macgui
  • Reply 25 of 27
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    jakeb said:
    It wouldn't be Appleinsider without people complaining, but maybe when everyone here starts breathing more due to this app, it will be a calmer, less irritable comment section.
    Yes let's hope so. But isn't it ironic that the same people who will berate someone for complaining that they have to remember to charge their Apple Watch, applaud a watch app that reminds people to breath? I'm not sure breathing more is really going to help much when people's minds work that way.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    Looking forward to this feature. I don't know about you, but I do get reminded to stand up on occasion, well probably more often than I should have to be reminded. So some deep breathing several times a day probably won't hurt the BP.
    Warrior87
  • Reply 27 of 27
    I think you all completely missed his/her joke their. Imagine being in a fit of rage at one point and your watch notifies you to breathe and your so agitated that you just rip the watch off and tell it " don't tell me to breathe " lol. I for one am looking forward to this feature cause it will definitely help me out throughout the day being in the military. Cheers to watchos 3 soon my friends, stay thirsty.