Video: See how Photos in iOS 10 can recognize faces, places and more

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2016
Starting with iOS 10, the Photos app on your iPhone and iPad will automatically scan your pictures for faces and places, making it easier to find the shots you're looking for. It'll even group them into collections, and quickly automate creation of a view to relive your memories. AppleInsider offers a closer look at how it all works.

For more, see iOS 10's new Messages app, Apple Maps and Apple Music in action. And subscribe to the official AppleInsider channel on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sdpatesdpate Posts: 2member
    Since most people store photos in the cloud, will iOS 10 analyze them as well of just the photos on the phone? Thank.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Dr. VaxDr. Vax Posts: 1member
    It is wonderful that Photo is adding classification capabilities in IOS 10.   I am more interested in asking Apple to make the iCloud/Photo ecosystem more robust.  While I have synced my iPhone and two Macs with icloud and love it, I have been unable to successfully sync another family members MacBook and iPhone because the OSX cloud sync process hangs anytime it finds a corrupt photo.   

In addition to upgrading Photo on IOS and OSX my hope is that Apple makes the sync process more reliable.  

P.S. Google Photos synced these devices without problems -- it just skipped the corrupt photos.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    sdpate said:
    Since most people store photos in the cloud, will iOS 10 analyze them as well of just the photos on the phone? Thank.
    While Google scan all your photos uploaded to their server, unlike Google, all the photos analyse will be done locally inside your Apple device - which means only on photos stored locally. Apple can not see the result neither does your device share any results to Apple.