New leaks show bigger lens opening on 'iPhone 7,' dual-lens camera on '7 Plus'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    LoneStar88LoneStar88 Posts: 325member

toysandme said:
    The Apple logo is much too far to the left in the pic with the dual camera. 
    No, it isn't. That's an optical delusion.
    [Deleted User]
  • Reply 22 of 51
    foljs said:
    It's amazing how many idiots point to the lenses (big single or dual) looking "ugly".

Apparently the benefits for iPhone video/photography are nothing compared to the BS sense of superficial style.
    Driving around a Ford Econoline is great for hauling cargo and people, so everyone should drive one, right? Just in case?
    wonkothesane[Deleted User]
  • Reply 23 of 51
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Here we see a design that has function dominating form, and yet you popinjays are whining about it. Some of you are the same ones who  will turn around and accuse Ive of putting form over function.

If there is a way to make a larger lens attractive then they'll do it, but it's reasonable to assume that physics will rule in this case. You will get used to it, and if it gives you better low light pictures, you will grow to appreciate it. Emphasis on "you will grow."

They test these things on themselves, after all, and they have good taste. But they know when they have to think instrument rather than jewelry.
    radarthekatnetmagepscooter63bb-15fastasleepkevin keenolamacguy
  • Reply 24 of 51
    Yeah. Both look too Android-y. 
    Both look like Apple phoned it in this year. We better see some new Mac hardware then. Otherwise it makes me wonder what Apple's hardware team is doing ( besides chips).
    Ive is a peaceable guy, but I can see him coming after you with his hands aimed at your neck right now.

Just kidding, of course. I see myself breaking it up so he doesn't hurt his hands.  
    fastasleep
  • Reply 25 of 51
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,470member
    bigger lens = bigger sensor = better photos, much much better
    edited June 2016 netmagebb-15fastasleep
  • Reply 26 of 51
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,858moderator
    I carry an iPhone.  The main shooter on mine is on the backside. Maybe that's not the case with some of yours. 

I don't see the backside when the phone is in my pocket.
    I don't see the backside when the phone is on its charging docket.
    I don't see the backside when my camera goes click.
    I don't see the backside when I post that beautiful pic.

(Thanks to Dr. Seuss)
    pscooter63bb-15fastasleepnolamacguypatchythepirate
  • Reply 27 of 51
    roakeroake Posts: 817member
    we've all seen the pattern before. this is it. 
    Correct.
    canukstorm
  • Reply 28 of 51
    I carry an iPhone.  The main shooter on mine is on the backside. Maybe that's not the case with some of yours. 

(Thanks to Dr. Seuss)
    I put my phone face down quite frequently, an Apple approved behavior. That means I see the back a lot. Which means I'll be seeing that ugly blob unless I get a Plus. 
    6Sgoldfish[Deleted User]
  • Reply 29 of 51

Ugh, that big single lens looks terrible. 
    No, it doesn't look terrible. That's just YOUR opinion.

It also doesn't matter what it looks like if photos the camera takes are improved with this technology.
    I disagree on both points, cause that's just YOUR opinion.
    [Deleted User]
  • Reply 30 of 51

(Thanks to Dr. Seuss)
    I put my phone face down quite frequently, an Apple approved behavior. That means I see the back a lot. Which means I'll be seeing that ugly blob unless I get a Plus. 
    6Sgoldfish[Deleted User]
  • Reply 31 of 51

It also doesn't matter what it looks like if photos the camera takes are improved with this technology.
    I disagree on both points, cause that's just YOUR opinion.
  • Reply 32 of 51

I disagree on both points; that's just YOUR opinion.
  • Reply 33 of 51
    6Sgoldfish6Sgoldfish Posts: 108member
    Well, at least we'll have predictive emojis 3 times as big to distract us from the ugliness of our "new" iPhones. I can't even. It's been 2 years since the release of iPhone 6, the year Apple had also hired legend industrial designer Marc Newson to work alongside Johny Ive. 2 years of futuristic patents, impossible profits and some of the best R&D a company can afford. This is the result? Really? Where is all the industrial design prowess dedicated to? Certainly not the iPhone or the Mac. For a company that's been criticised for favoring aesthetics over function, it doesn't seem to be paying attention to either. 

Apple, what's happening to you? :( 
    edited June 2016 tallest skil
  • Reply 34 of 51
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,858moderator

I still say the iPhone has a cleaner, far more attractive esthetic.  

Check out the S7 with a case.  Yeah, real attractive.  Not! 

patchythepirateentropys
  • Reply 35 of 51

(Thanks to Dr. Seuss)
    If you can get used to your Ford Taurus or whatever it was, something tells me you can get used to the back of your iPhone. 

I also think there are some professional complainers here. You guys really need to correct your neurotransmitters some. Try smoking a little weed or something.
    toysandmepscooter63bb-15fastasleepnolamacguy
  • Reply 36 of 51
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    I think they should consider moving the camera to the centre, especially if they're going to make it that large
  • Reply 37 of 51
    jmc54jmc54 Posts: 207member

To me , this is like the antenna band dust up of awhile ago! After a week or 2, do you really even notice it?
    bb-15fastasleep
  • Reply 38 of 51
    why- said:
    I think they should consider moving the camera to the centre, especially if they're going to make it that large
    Never! 

The corner position is exactly how Leonardo da Vinci would have done it, Or any serious instrument designer. 

It alliws you to imagine the field of view with precision without seeing the screen. It's the single feature that shows Apple is more serious than anyone about the camera-user physical interface. 
    edited June 2016 doozydozenfastasleep
  • Reply 39 of 51
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    Lol, the comments on here. Children, claim down. Larger lens doesn't make an iPhone less attractive. So many of you are having a collective tantrum over an obvious benefit to the hardware. So ridiculous.

@thewhitefalcon "ugly blob"
    Aw, poor baby. Did big bad Apple upset you with evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, piece of industrial design? How dare Apple put a better camera module in the upcoming phone. Bullies! :(

@6Sgoldfish "Apple, what happened to you?"
    Meticulous refined hardware doesn't please you? Must it be a new and shiny to capture your bleeding heart? If we where all car fanatics discussing the new Porsche 911, would you be the one crying in a fetal position?

@sockrolid "thin and ugly"
    Vacuous and annoying.

@rogifan_new "don't think I'll have reason to get a new iPhone this year"
    Yeah, because the new iPhone can't possibly have incredibly capable upgraded guts? Probably just the same old A9 chip with fewer ungodly antenna lines. I'm amused how simple things seem to you.

@bluefire1 "Y-A-W-N" 
    Large camera sensor, larger aperture, better low light resolution, better dynamic range, stabilization, and so forth, not including whatever benefits a duel-lens setup offers, soooo boring. Let's talk about Garry from Game of Thrones. He's like a total grumpy grump but so hot in a leotard, right?

Anyone else feel like their hopes of a new sparkling redesign for no discernible reason feel crushed by Apple and want to cry about it to the anonymity of a online forum? We await your pathetic amusement...

fastasleepfallenjtradarthekatnolamacguypatchythepirate
  • Reply 40 of 51
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    entropys said:
    if it is protruding anyway, why not just have the dual lens set up? 

I dream of the day that the only difference between iPhones is size.  SE, iPhone and Plus.  Logically one would have to accept differences in battery capacity, but that's it.  
    Done on purpose to upsell!
    jackansientropys