New leaks show bigger lens opening on 'iPhone 7,' dual-lens camera on '7 Plus'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    entropys said:
    if it is protruding anyway, why not just have the dual lens set up? 

I dream of the day that the only difference between iPhones is size.  SE, iPhone and Plus.  Logically one would have to accept differences in battery capacity, but that's it.  
    Done on purpose to upsell!
    I doubt it. More room in the big phone. Strange, isn't it?
    nolamacguy
  • Reply 42 of 51
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    A bigger chip or a radically improved method of computational photography would be interesting.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 43 of 51
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Ugh, that big single lens looks terrible. 
    It's in the back. Who cares? Current 6+ lense is ugly enough and this doesn't make it much uglier.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 44 of 51
    jackansijackansi Posts: 116member
    I'm all for new camera tech.  I just hate that it looks like they just put the thing in a press and pushed out the casing to accommodate it like an el'cheap-o smartphone maker would.   At least the 6/6s has a nice ring around the camera protrusion.  This just looks like they stopped caring altogether.  Hopefully they just did it on the prototypes.
    edited June 2016 6Sgoldfish
  • Reply 45 of 51
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    They don't look too good, and the worst part is, they do look a little better than the 6'es, because of the re-drawn antenna bands.
    But this design and look was validated in Jonathan Ive's mind by how well the 6 design sold. However, it did not sell that well based on looks and thin-ness, but based on larger screen size. Too bad we have to look at this design another year generation of iPhones. If any other phone (Android) would have sported those 6 antenna lines they would have been laughed out of this discussion board. People were incredulous when they saw those 6 prototypes also. Get used it them folks, these are the next iPhone cases.
    edited June 2016 jackansi
  • Reply 46 of 51
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Yeah. Both look too Android-y. 
    Both look like Apple phoned it in this year. We better see some new Mac hardware then. Otherwise it makes me wonder what Apple's hardware team is doing ( besides chips).
    so if a phone doesnt look dramatically different (not just different, since it is different) on the outside, then its phoning it in? as these devices reach a smaller case design, just exactly what do you expect them to do to be different? and you do realize apple doesnt make design changes just for the sake of change, right?
    tallest skildoozydozen
  • Reply 47 of 51
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    nolamacguy said:
    you do realize apple doesnt make design changes just for the sake of change, right?
    Exactly. If you want to signal your social status, buy a Samsung. They change designs every year. The problem there is just that no one gives a shit about Samsung or what design is the newest.  :p
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 48 of 51
    For me lens is a little bit too big but it's only my opinion. The rest looks fine but still 5S is my favourite design.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    Ugh, that big single lens looks terrible. 
    Incorrect. Why are so many people assuming that this new design is inferior to the 6/6s?!? This isn't even a subjective thing. The larger lens with a cleanly demarcated border is vastly more aesthetically appealing than the little ring on the 6/6s jutting out of the case to surround the cramped black dot (which they had to fit in between the antenna lines). As soon as the first rumor of this design came out a while ago I knew it was accurate. Now, the dual lens of the plus is a bit aesthetically unappealing, but I assume the benefits of the dual lens greatly outweighs the aesthetic awkwardness.
    canukstormdoozydozen
  • Reply 50 of 51
    UGLY - I guess it could be worse that hideous battery pack bump could have been included ...
    FAIL....

6Sgoldfish
  • Reply 51 of 51
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    bluefire1 said:
    Y-A-W-N
    Can't wait for next year's model.
    Say "hi" to MacRoumors for us… 
    tallest skilpatchythepiratedoozydozen